El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, trying to customize my interior in my El Camino and got to thinking. I really don't like the marble or woodgrain or whatever it's supposed to be-colored plastice that surrounds my heater/radio and most of the rest of the dash. I think brushed aluminum or mayber (preferably) something carbon fiber would look nice. Are there any places that might be making those pieces? I suppose Monte SS's would apply too, so if anyone knows or has any suggestions, please let me know!
-Kris Horton
www.carsbykris.com

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
I don't know anyone that is making them. There is a place that is making a 'sticker' to that can be applied to them. But the one I saw at the Pomona swap meet was a wood finish. Don't know if they are making a fake Carbon fiber or not. For Aluminum you're looking at doing it your self. I'm doing the Monte SS black with a red stipe in my Elky.

·
1,867 Posts
Just peel that stuff off & paint.

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
This is a website that sells sheets of vinyl stickers (I know, it's an ricer site :oops: ).

http://www.vinzdecals.com/vinylsheet.html

As a suggestion:

They are flat and they don't contour to the designs of the dash. So, take a hair dryer and warm them up. Be really careful though cause you can melt them and clean the area's really well or they wont stick very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts