Another question for the electrical experts; After getting my elky running I noticed that I have to rev the engine up a lot to get the GEN light to go out. Once it goes out it stays out till I shut it down and start it again. Second issue and I think the most important is that while checking the under hood wiring after she was running for a few minutes I noticed that the red wire coming off the back of the alternator was VERY hot. Checking futher I noticed the alternator itself was hot and the charge wire from the junction block to the battery was also hot. My cruck is a 59 and has the original wiring. The engine has been replaced with a 1967 6 cylinder and has a 3 wire alternator (not sure what model yet). I just checked and it has an internal voltage regulator, however the wiring to the old regulator is still hooked up. Could this be causing the overheating of the wiring and the alternator? what other problems might I expect if that is wrong and how can I fix it. I was under the impression that the external voltage regulator is not needed when there is an internal one.