El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if these wheels requires washers?
The car I recently bought has just lug nuts.
Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm wondering if these wheels requires washers?
The car I recently bought has just lug nuts.
Thanks.
When I got my Elco a year ago it came wit outlaw2 rims & they have washers but I may have the wrong lugs because the pics of the outlaw2 rims they show on Jegs has no washers but the lugs look different than mine. I think it all comes down to what kinda lugnuts you have I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
2012-05-05 22.47.13-1.jpg

2012-05-05 22.46.29-1.jpg

2012-05-05 22.45.46-1.jpg . My Outlaw II's use tapered lugnuts as shown in the photos.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.
Mine have a taper but the base is not quite as large as what you have in the third pic.
The center pic looks closer to what I have.
Are they the exact same nut?
Thanks so much for the photos.:You_Rock:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Thank you.
Mine have a taper but the base is not quite as large as what you have in the third pic.
The center pic looks closer to what I have.
Are they the exact same nut?
Thanks so much for the photos.:You_Rock:
Yes, the nut I show still on is the same shown loose.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must have a mismatched set of wheels, as two have American racing center caps.
I also have a 4 piece set of superior wheel caps and they don't interchange.
Superior still in business?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I'm not sure about superior. I think my wheel could go with or without washers since they have both the tapered hole and the flat spot for a washer. As far as center caps, that will only tell you which cap you have. Take off the wheel and the mfg's name will be on the inside of that. Also, if your wheels are not clear coated, NAPA has some wheel cleaner that bis the best I've found. At $14 per bottle, its expensive, but well worth it. Keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts