El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a sad day. I had to put Joseph asleep. Joseph is a Dachshund that would be 13 on 5/8/2018. His back gave out severing his spine paralyzing both his back legs. Today 4/2/2018 is my moms birthday. She is the Angel looking after Joe. I will miss you old friend. Mom please protect & watch over him. :littleangel::frown2:

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Hey Nick. I truly feel your pain and wish you only good memories. I own a dog daycare and we've become very attached to all the pups that visit. When one passes, in many cases, it seems more mourning and discussions happen than when a person dies.

I hope I pass before my dogs do, I don't think I could live without them. I'm sure yours is well cared for and happily running around like only a Dachsy can.

Tom - PupTown, LLC - Hamel, MN

·
345 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your furr baby. He's out of pain, has "Grandma" to play with and keep him company until you all meet at the Rainbow Bridge...

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown..."

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was hard opening one less can of food this morning. Joe was in great health. Dachshunds are prone to back problems in late years, But I think his life was cut short because of his bad habit. He always was sitting up like a prairie dog when ever he wanted something. We never taught him that and never knew how he learned that. Thank You all for your kind words.
Don

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Don, I'm so very sorry for your loss! May the sadness in your heart soon be filled with only happy memories.

Doug

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don, I'm so very sorry for your loss! May the sadness in your heart soon be filled with only happy memories.

Doug
Cisco & Angel are helping me. Cisco is a rescue dachshund same age as Joe, they were great buddies & Angel a 24 year old cat that thinks she's still a kitten.
Don , they really become part of the family , sorry for your loss. Saw this and thought you might like to see it too....Don

Thank you, I enjoyed the video.

www.msn.com/en-ca/video/viral/worlds-first-dachshund-museum-is-basically-cuteness-overload/vi-AAvpnP7

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Wow. . . I thought my 18 year old cat was old. My cat is still going strong at this age though she is a bit of a heat thief - stealing body heat from any nearby human for her own warmth.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow. . . I thought my 18 year old cat was old. My cat is still going strong at this age though she is a bit of a heat thief - stealing body heat from any nearby human for her own warmth.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I hear that. Angel dose the same thing. She is all over me. But heres the kicker, she hated me when she was young, she would follow me just to bite me. Just the last few years she acts like I've always been her best friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Our animals become such a part of our lives, that it's like losing a piece of our soul. We lost our 13 yr old Doxie last month, and our 20 yr old cat.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,440 Posts
Don , Sorry for the loss of your best buddy . All of our cats and dogs have been pound rescues , lived a good life and fortunately lived longer than what is average for their breed . As the old cowboy song goes " happy trails to you , until we meet again " . I have a carved stone in the back yard that says " I hope I will always be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am " .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts