El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my Skyline for a little hot run down the highway after some maintenance when I caught a glimpse of something that looked like a camino as I went by at about 180 kmph. I slammed on the brakes to see if my eyes were deceiving me, and I'll be damned if it wasn't a 5th Gen Elky in the land of riceburners. There are very few American vehicles on this island. Besides the GOVs' you only see a few (very few) mustangs, corvettes and the occasional SUV. So you can imagine my amazement when I saw a fairly nice looking camino cruising down the highway.

27 days and counting 'till I am back in the states driving a REAL car!!

Brett

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
[quote='76 Classic]I was taking my Skyline for a little hot run down the highway[/quote]

Are you bring the Skyline home with you? I hear those are pretty hot little cars....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could bring the Skyline back, but It costs a pretty penny to get them up to the safety standards back in the states. Have to change out all the glass, gauges, lights,reinforce the doors just to name a few things.

I will miss the thing though. Never was big into riceburners and turbos till I got here and bought one. Something about a 2.0L straight six pushing 230hp all stock except for the exaust spelled FUN to me.

And yea the 76 is in Pennsylvania in the shop getting prepped for the trip to Louisiana next month.

Brett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts