El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8)

Just sayin' hello. Glad I found this site. Nice to have a place for just Elkies (Sprints and Caballeros too I'd guess). Glad to be away from that Chevelle riff raff. Just teasin' :p Really I've got nothing against them, I just couldn't resist.

I've had my 76 for about 2 years now. I just had to have an Elky. Love the site and hope to learn a lot. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

I'd love to post some pics but without a digital camera or scanner that will be a little hard. :(

I can describe it though. She's definitely a driver. No show winner or trailer queen here. But she's not a beater either. Got a little rust in the quarters of course and a couple of cracks in the dash and a bunch of other little things but she does get the thumbs up or comments every once in a while. Heck even had a guy offer to buy it about a month ago.

Two tone, Cream and Saddle (like an off white and bronze), Rallyes, bench seat, AC. Pretty basic. She's had a repaint, older. The original intake and 2bbl have been replaced by an Edelbrock unit with a Qjet 4bbl. The 350 has had a rebuild and been bored 30 over. She's no sprinter, just a cruiser.

I bought it about 2 years ago from a fella in Kentucky. I'm the 5TH owner!! He had taken good care of it for the last 12 years. It also now has 187,XXX miles on it and still going! :D

Two quick notes. It did have some of the original documentation from the original owner. And I found out that I had purchased it 25 years to the day that the original owner had! How cool. 8O 1976 to 2001. On the way home from Kentucky about a 300 mile trip. She wouldn't start (starter wouldn't turn over so I'm guessing it got to hot and wouldn't crank, it was about 90 degrees that day). After sitting for an hour at the rest stop it started and I got her home. Never had that problem since and I've had it out for long periods of time in the Summer heat. :?:

Sorry that was so long but you asked for it. :p Thanks guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought a 77 Classic

Hey guys, I wanted to post before but I was still in the searching mode and just gathering info. If you can tell by my handle I was originally going to get a Caballero but the ice here in Texas prevented the seller from dellivery. To make a long story short I had the cash burning a hole in my plocket and came across this 77. I saved about a grand but I think I need to put about that in to replace the floor, carpet and seat covers but that is half the fun.
Rhino. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts