El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Danny B from Denton, Texas which is just north of the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex area. I'm retired and spend most of my time Drag racing in both NHRA and IHRA, but my passion is actually my 81 El Camino. I've had it two years, but it's not my first one I've had two others in the past. I've done a lot to this one, and hope to do a lot more hopefully with some advise etc. from my new friends at NECOA. Briefly it's got a gen 1 355 small block, forged rotating assembly, vortec heads w/ 202 valves. comp cam, edelbrock intake,holley 750, accel ignition, 3500 stall convertor, th 350 fully built with manual valve body, 3.73 gears and a mini spool about 425 hp. I'm retired and the Drag racing is becoming more like work, and the El Camino is more like being a teenager again. I'll try to include a photo, but I know far more about performance cars than I do about computers so the photo may be later. I didn't mean to write a letter, but that shows how excited I am to be a part of this community. Thank you all regards Danny B
20200102_220254.jpg
20200127_140324.jpg
20200102_220548 (1).jpg

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Hello Danny,

And very much welcome to our group. It was only a little over three years ago that I dragged my 70 EC home to Louisiana from your neighborhood - the CTC Auto Ranch just north of Denton. I love that place. Quite the shrine to old, pre-80's automotive iron. My guess is that you drag race right next door to CTC.

Again, welcome, and ask any question you want. Somebody around here will know the answer.

Rick

·
Registered
229 Posts
Danny, welcome to ECC, from a '78 Caballero and a '79 El Camino in Seattle, Wa.
Good looking, nice and straight, all there. A lot of people here will be happy to listen to your performance advice and input.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
Yep Danny. You did it right, You also did it good.
Danny , Welcome from the Florida Keys . If you haven`t already , check out what is going on in Texas with the other members . It may be a little quiet now but they have some great events . You only get to feel like a teenager twice in your life . One when you are a teenager and the other when you feel like a teenager , sooo keep enjoying your ride :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Danny,

And very much welcome to our group. It was only a little over three years ago that I dragged my 70 EC home to Louisiana from your neighborhood - the CTC Auto Ranch just north of Denton. I love that place. Quite the shrine to old, pre-80's automotive iron. My guess is that you drag race right next door to CTC.

Again, welcome, and ask any question you want. Somebody around here will know the answer.

Rick
Thanks for the welcome. They have closed that drag strip, making it an RV park. CTC is still there, and as you say a shrine to classic iron.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Danny , Welcome from the Florida Keys . If you haven`t already , check out what is going on in Texas with the other members . It may be a little quiet now but they have some great events . You only get to feel like a teenager twice in your life . One when you are a teenager and the other when you feel like a teenager , sooo keep enjoying your ride :cool:
Thanks I liked your quote

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from Atlanta! Have you run this combo? What’s it run?
Patrick
Welcome from Atlanta! Have you run this combo? What’s it run?
Patrick
The best is a 8.06 84 mph in 1/8th mile

1 - 16 of 16 Posts