El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My el camino ended up getting full of ants while at my mechanic's house. They are in the vents, interior, coming in and out of the seems of the body...how can I get rid of them without ruining the paint? I have to deliver pizza till january so this is a bit of a problem.
thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have a picnic just outside the car, ants love picnics. :) good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Just brain storming you r problem. How about roll the windows down, cover the elky with a big tarp or plastic and set off a couple of insect bombs under the plastic. Just a thought.

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Just brain storming you r problem. How about roll the windows down, cover the elky with a big tarp or plastic and set off a couple of insect bombs under the plastic. Just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing but in a garage. Weird!

·
Registered
229 Posts
pop off a fogger (wear gloves), hit the interior, close the doors. I get ants all the time. We have (I am not making this up) Jamacian Crazy Ants in South Florida and they like riding around in my Elky. I fog for about 6-10 seconds and close the valve on the can again. You will deliver the pizza with the windows down with my method. You can try ant bait but its not dramtic enough for me.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
At least it's not roaches!!! My old boss took in a car intrade for work on another and it was loaded with cockroaches!!!
As far as the ant problm, you could talk to a local exterminator and see what he suggests!:dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
1,630 Posts
pop off a fogger (wear gloves), hit the interior, close the doors. I get ants all the time. We have (I am not making this up) Jamacian Crazy Ants in South Florida and they like riding around in my Elky. I fog for about 6-10 seconds and close the valve on the can again. You will deliver the pizza with the windows down with my method. You can try ant bait but its not dramtic enough for me.
I know a Jamaican that fogs his ants a different way only they don't go away just get the munchies.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,565 Posts
I know a Jamaican that fogs his ants a different way only they don't go away just get the munchies.
Well, at least they won't have any trouble getting pizza.:nanawrench:

Fog them and then when they are stunned or dying, suck them out with a big shop vac.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had some ant problems in my car too, i just found some Ortho Odorless Home Spray we used for the house, i hit my carpet with it mostly around the edges but a little in the middle. As for the air vents and such... i'm not sure what to suggest to you on that.:poke:

gl

·
Registered
84 Posts
i say take out your dash and all the vents, only way to clean inside those tubes, or else you will get that bad smell, they were probably attracted by pizza stains/food crumbs, so maybe you want to bring a tarp or something next time good luck

·
Registered
196 Posts
Stop complaining and look at the bright side of it. Since you'll be out delivering pizzas with it anyway, keep this in mind. Those pesky ants are gonna be helping to keep that pizza nasty interior clean so you don't have too. I can see them now forming a nice neat little line, and marching away with hunks of pepperoni, anchovies, black olives, onions, ect. ect. ect.:nanawrench: If you can't beat them, join them.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
At least it's not roaches!!!
I've been down that road. My Tahoe had little roaches in it that would come out at night. I had to bomb it a couple of times to finally get rid of them. Hard for the gas to get under the carpets...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts