El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just looking for a meet up any time during the weekends since the weather has been nice. I live in Tyrone, Ga, which is 20 minutes south of the ATL airport off I-85 south. Anyone interested in getting a Elky club going on our side of town or north Atlanta?? I'm in!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'd be interested, my only problem is time. We have a cruise in almost monthly in Covington but I've missed them all this year. Life's just busy. Maybe others will chime in?
Patrick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meet up in Georgia

Big German, looks like rain this wekend, but maybe we can get together over in Newnan. I'm 15 minutes from there. I'll let you know where and when as soon as the weather gets better. I've seen another El camino in the neighborhood. I'll try to get them to come as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely would be intrested in driving to a cruise in covington, Ga. Let me know what weekend it happens during the month.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
'Usually' the first Saturday evening on the square, but info is hard to find. At least once it's been canceled due to TV filming. They do put up signs (sometimes) on the square; I'll drive through this afternoon and or tomorrow. If it's a go I'll update here.
If it is a go I'll be in my Buick, the Elky is in the shop.
Patrick

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Hey Rey! Hope you all get some stuff going up there! I don't know if you do the Facebook thing or not. I have noted a good number joining our FB Group Page from the Atlanta area. Maybe I mentioned that to you in Gainseville back in May :dontknow:. I have no real way of tracking how many from that Group Page transition over to NECOA members on this forum. Just too much to watch overall for me to stay focused on one area. Hope you got with CANTED since May. Please continue on your quest for member activity! Get with me if there is anything I can do to try and help. And if you make the trip down to Silver Springs in October, you can meet the other R7 DD Pongo.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Covington Ga is having its monthly Cruise In Saturday (8/2) from 4-9 according to the city's website. I'll try to be there--if so I'll be in my '68 GS400 convertible. Of course this is subject to weather. Hope to see some new faces!
Patrick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Randy. Trying to generate some interest. What's the FB GROUP name, so I can check it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey PBR400. Sorry I missed it. I usually check this sight at work and I had already left work when you posted the cruise in. The weather turned out to be pretty good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big German (Vince) your ride looks outstanding insdie and out. I need to repaint my elky. Did someone locally do youor paint?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Car show near airport in Hapeville starting at 08:30 until 11:30 am. If interested we can meet at the Delta credit union off virginia ave around 0900, then cruise over there. my cell # 678-409-0342

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big German and PBR400, I'm sure the local car shows will kick off this month. PBR400 I'm still interested in covington area car show you mentioned if you get the info I can meet you out there. Also, Big German I try to hit the Summit Monday or Saturday shows off I-75 in Mcdounough. Let me if you are interested. Newnan and Fayeeteville have monthly car cruises on select saturdays. I'll find out which saturdays and will post here. I will also post any local shows I here about and maybe we can cruise in and crash the party.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Whats up guys, just saw this and im a new member in Marietta..about 20 min north of Atlanta. I usually go to Moreland on sundays. If anyone wants to meet up let know!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Well Covington as usual is kinda informal; it's usually the first Saturday on the square from 6ish to darkish. May didn't happen, the 2nd was prom for at least one school and the square was full of well dressed high schoolers taking pictures. My family and I were eating outside at Amici's (pretty good pizza and beer place) and saw several nice cars come up and 'look' to see if it was going to gel but the kids didn't leave. My son and I were planning to go get the convertible and come back but there was no reason to. I'll update as June approaches.
What happens on/in Moreland on Sundays? Is that Moreland Ave, or the little town that Lewis Grizzard called home?
Patrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been a while

Hey Guys,

It has been a while since I was on here. I been busy getting the Wounded Warrior Garage going. Please check out our web page and look for us on facebook too.

www.WoundedWarriorGarage.org

We are prep-ing the cars for the Hot Rod Power tour next week. My partner and co-founder Scott is doing the long haul in his '68 Camaro. I'll be doing the last four stops in the Elky.

I'm leaving the shop in Bremen, GA Tuesday the 9th @ 0500 and heading to Memphis, if anyone wants to caravan.

If you are going on the power tour, look for us.

Vince (BigGerman)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honorable Mission

Vince, checked out your Wounded Warrior Garage page and it looks great. The purpose is well stated. What a great vision you guys have for getting our veterans back in the saddle and/or working on a classic. As a veteran myself I applaud you guys and would like to one day swing by and check out your WW garage. Who knows there might be a way for me to contribute to your mission and help some of the guys and gals.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts