El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to install 6 1/2 inch speakers in my kicks panels, which will mean they will protrude about an inch. This is fine in the passenger footwell, but it'll get in the way of the parking brake on the driver's side. I'm building a center console, so I figured I could just get a handle from a newer car and put it in the console. Have any of you guys seen it done before or have any tips?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm building a center console, so I figured I could just get a handle from a newer car and put it in the console. Have any of you guys seen it done before or have any tips?

If you can wait a few weeks, we are doing this very thing in my '69, changing from a foot operated parking brake to a hand operated one.

I will have pictures of what we did ... and probably some advice on what we shouldn't have done.

Copper

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can wait a few weeks, we are doing this very thing in my '69, changing from a foot operated parking brake to a hand operated one.

I will have pictures of what we did ... and probably some advice on what we shouldn't have done.

Copper

Alright! Considering the pace at which this project is moving, it won't happen for a month anyway. I'll keep an eye out for your post.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
When I return from a work trip next weekend---I will post a pic of mine.

I installed kick panel speakers and had to modify my parking brake.

Took all of 10 minutes with the parking brake assy. removed from the car.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Trust me,that the job i did was of very good quality ,there was no problem,reaching fuses. every thing worked very well. a hand brake does sound Cool !:texas:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
a hand brake does sound Cool !:texas:

My car is a six speed manual. Three pedals in the floor are plenty ... don't need another. Plus it would be .... inconvenient ... to have to reach so far down to release the brake in a tight spot.

Copper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts