El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had bad customer service from Ground Up?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Not necessarily bad service, but they refused me a Team Chevelle discount because I couldn't provide my TC #. I never got a TC # (which is a common issue over there).

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
Maybe add a question mark in the post header, because now it seems like you HAD bad service from them, rather than you asking for people's experiences. A better title still would be "What's been your experience with Ground Up?"

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've dealt with them a lot, mostly great service a few hiccups but that's to be expected every once in a while. Communication is lacking at times.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did have a terrible experience with the customer service department. I have an e-mail to a customer service supervisor in hopes of getting the issue resolved. No word back yet. I will post details after hearing from them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No reply from Ground Up

Well it's been a week and no reply from Ground Up. I guess I'm SOL on any help from them.
The problem I had was I ordered a lot of parts from them. They told me they couldn't ship to my house, and that I had to ship to a terminal (nearest one is 90 mi) or to a business because it would be strapped to a pallet. I was able to ship to a body shop near my house. When the shipment arrived at the body shop they called me to come and get it. First off, it was not on a pallet but in one huge cardboard box. The order included a new hood and a lot of other hard parts. I inspected the box for any damage and there was none. We transfered the box to my pickup and I went home (2 blocks). After getting home I opened the box and found all the other smaller boxes unsecured next to the hood. I opened the hood box and there was a nice new dent in the top of it made by one of the other boxes. This was poor packing by Ground Up and not the fault of the shipping co. I called Ground Up and spoke with customer service. I explained what happened and they asked me if I had noted the damage on the frieght bill. I told them I did not and they said there was nothing they could do about it. I guess all I can do now is offer some advice: 1) Don't order from Ground Up. 2) If you do and order a hood, don't order anything with it. 3) Check inside every box for damage (even if it's in the street or parking lot of a business that's nice enough to accept the order for you).

·
Director, Region 2
621 Posts
My neighbor and a few other friends have ordered from them. Good luck for the most part but they said it depends who takes care of your order. Some guys are great while others are not.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Lawman5332, just call them back and say "...thank you for the poor service and that you will no longer be ordering from them, and by the way, you have posted your little adventure with them to several auto enthusiast boards. and btw, since you want to give credit where credit is due, how do you spell your name and what is your job title? don't forget to add that you're sorry they were unable to make things right so you just want to let a few people in the right places know about your experience."

that ought to put a few twists in their brains.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Send the hood back to them. Seems to me they will have to either give you your money back or send you a new hood. Put the onus on them.

Just my two cents. I could be wrong.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,708 Posts
Terry Send them a PM they are a supporting Vendor That might get something done ??? :dontknow:

Ground Up

Forum Sponsor
Twisted Wrench
Name: Ground Up, Inc.
Year: 1987
Model: El Camino
Region: 2 (CT,MA,ME,NH,RI,VT)
NECOA #: 22183

Thanks for the warm welcome!

We specialize in 1964-1988 Chevelle and El Camino parts. We also carry a full line of parts for 1967-81 Camaro parts, 1962-1979 Nova parts, and 1978-88 A/G body parts.

We look forward to participating in this site!:yell:

866-358-2277
[email protected]

www.ss396.com
www.facebook.com/grounduprestoration
www.twitter.com/groundupresto

·
Registered
512 Posts
How bad is the dent, can you post a pic? Not to undermine your troubles but dents in sheetmetal are fairly common in shipping. Usually a supplier will credit an hour or two labor to fix it if it's fixable. If it's bad or in a bad spot that could cause a problem later on I'd continue what you're doing then send them links to threads like these.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dent is not too bad. My body guy will fix it. My biggest complaint is it could have been prevented with better packing or at least shipping the hood seperate. Second complaint they didn't even want to discuss the problem, it seemed like "you didn't note the damage, you have no claim, end of discussion". Then no reply to follow up e-mail, IMO bad customer service.

·
Master Wrench
1,592 Posts
I've placed a couple orders with them and have never had an issue but I have never called customer service so I can't comment in that area. If I need parts I usually check them because parts are good and usually a little cheaper

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ground Up

Rather than handle this in a public forum, this issue would be better served privately. Someone from our staff will contact you today.
Terry- I don't see an email but we will take care of this today.
Keep in mind some items because of their size are required to ship commercial freight and though you can send to a residence it does become prohibitively expensive once you add residence fees and appointment fees, etc.
Damages can occur to items even with unblemished boxes. Truck freight items are actually over packed and a bit more expensive because all are boxed, palletized, shrink-wrapped and strapped to a pallet. The fact that you received just a box is the first indication of an issue. In addition, all shipments are emblazoned with large stickers with a STOP sign, stating " Don't Sign without Inspecting Items, etc".
In any case, we will be in touch today to square you away.
Any time you have an issue at Ground Up. You can call or email me direct.
at 1-203-235-1200 x302 or email at me at [email protected]- Tom Tiernan, Ground Up Inc.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Rather than handle this in a public forum, this issue would be better served privately. Someone from our staff will contact you today.
Terry- I don't see an email but we will take care of this today.
Keep in mind some items because of their size are required to ship commercial freight and though you can send to a residence it does become prohibitively expensive once you add residence fees and appointment fees, etc.
Damages can occur to items even with unblemished boxes. Truck freight items are actually over packed and a bit more expensive because all are boxed, palletized, shrink-wrapped and strapped to a pallet. The fact that you received just a box is the first indication of an issue. In addition, all shipments are emblazoned with large stickers with a STOP sign, stating " Don't Sign without Inspecting Items, etc".
In any case, we will be in touch today to square you away.
Any time you have an issue at Ground Up. You can call or email me direct.
at 1-203-235-1200 x302 or email at me at [email protected]- Tom Tiernan, Ground Up Inc.

Sometimes this is the only way to get a response from a company. not saying yours but it gets the job done.

Robert

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update on Ground Up:

After a few phone calls and e-mails we were able to get the problem taken care of.

Terry

·
Registered
394 Posts
I dont use them anymore-their customer service is marginal at best.
Everything is ALWAYS someone elses fault at Ground Up!
One time at OPG I had to go all the way to the supervisor level to get a customer service issue resolved but they finally made it right. For me, OPG is the lesser of the evils.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts