El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to remove the AIR pump and the assorted plumbing and wiring. I'm comfident the computer isn't running the car. No check engine light with the ignition on, many vacuum hoses and fittings unhooked, and the big hose from the pump to the cat is crimped.

Here's my question: Is there any value in this stuff? I'm particularly concerned about the injection lines to the exhaust. It would sure be easier to cut the tubes just out of the fitting, so I could get a socket on them, instead of using a tubing wrench in that cramped area.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My recommendation would be to preserve them as much as possible, there is bound to be someone who could use them, also you could keep them. I know the online Corvette community I belong to, people are constantly looking for emissions equipment because either they or a previous owner removed and discarded that gear and then found themselves moving to an area where testing is required, or finding the state passing new laws requiring a previously untested year vehicle to be tested.

·
Senior Member Participating Member
831 Posts
Keep them. Some short sighted Californian will probally pay a handsome price for them.:yell:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Injection lines are a pain in the neck to remove, after you remove one with a tubing wrench you'll be breaking out the sawzall:poke:.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Injection lines are a pain in the neck to remove, after you remove one with a tubing wrench you'll be breaking out the sawzall:poke:.
I'm going to give them one more try this morning. If I don't have any luck, the new Sawzall I bought yesterday is going to get a workout!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts