El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I swear I typed activity here... not vivacity... oh well this will likely get me corrected many times. I can handle it.. Thanks, and sorry for the :popcornsmileytypo *way to make a come back* :popcornsmiley:

·
Registered
11 Posts
72 SS new to group, steering wondering

I just bought a 72 supposed SS, mostly restored. I have a wondering in the steering. Everything ne in front. Steering box, column, all front end components, Hancook radial tires which I am now thinking is the problem as like I said everything else is new. Any ideas.

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,499 Posts
well the LS wont make you rich could make you poor-er. unless you just happen to receive one for free. free is always nice. hopefully you can do it right and on the cheap side

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
All I can say is that an LS swap is an adventure! And in my case, was three years of part time work, and looks like quite a lot of years of pure fun now that it's done.............sorta............. I'll get back to ya........

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Hello,

Yes, an LS swap is a vivacious (???) adventure under the hood. My crusade with it continues as I begin the hunt for air conditioning while trying to retain the use of my LS air conditioner compressor. A company called "Nostalgic AC" has an adapter that fits the LS compressor that will allow it to fit what will likely need to be custom hoses to the "Classic Air Conditioning" system that will be installed. But it appears that it should work though I need to take a few measurements to be certain. If I can't make this work, the alternative is a likely $2000 expense to replace the front of engine accessory drive assembly.

Its always something with an LS swap.

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts