El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having fun so far but it's getting ugly over here can you help with a part number for the knock sensor for a chevy 350/260hp computer controlled motor.
Please I'm starting to drink and may not stop.:beer::beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
Try calling your local Napa & tell them what you need !

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try calling your local Napa & tell them what you need !

I just e-mailed Jegs where i bought the motor. I don't trust asking min. wage workers that ask is that a Ranchero .:poke:
Thanks

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
I'm having fun so far but it's getting ugly over here can you help with a part number for the knock sensor for a chevy 350/260hp computer controlled motor.
Please I'm starting to drink and may not stop.:beer::beer:
...good thing you stocked up...:beer:

Attachments

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
I just e-mailed Jegs where i bought the motor. I don't trust asking min. wage workers that ask is that a Ranchero .:poke:
Thanks
All the Napa's I've been to, Always had experienced people behind the counter & the min wage people do the cleaning & making the deliveries ! but with the other local part stores is a different story ! Like what's a El Camino & who made it ?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
part number is S8011 brand name is borg warner available at orielly auto prts
that will be 20 dollars cash thanks:beer:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
For the Most part NAPA stores have the Major Manufactures as suppliers, and make most of thier sales to Repair Shops...You have a better chance of getting a quality part and better advice than at the Wax & Oil Retailers...

The big online catalog operations??? It's just a part number to them...Customer Service reps may have never pulled a wrench before much less seen the part you are asking about...I have talked to a good Tech Support person on occasion...But they usually just wind up giving you an 800 number to the manufacture...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Why do you need a new knock sensor? I thought she was running good? Whats up Robert?
RTT (Todd):smileyb:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
part number is S8011 brand name is borg warner available at orielly auto prts
that will be 20 dollars cash thanks:beer:
You be the man I was at Pep Boys looking on the computer with the salesperson and El Camino Central came up so I told the guy click here and there you were with the number. They had one in stock. The guy there was saying with only the motor number it's hard and he went straight into the internet forums to try to find it.
Thanks
:texas::texas: Give this man a rep!!

:You_Rock:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why do you need a new knock sensor? I thought she was running good? Whats up Robert?
RTT (Todd):smileyb:
It pulled a code 43/45 knock sensor witch messes up the ESC that messes up the CO2 down to the HO HO!!!!! It just didn't feel like it was giving me the power it was made for going up hill on the freeway. It idles supper smooth and runs great in the city but you can tell there's something missing so I pulled those codes and the 305 knock sensor will through everything off if that's what it is. I'm fine with the way it drives but the codes don't lie. I need to let the motor cool before I but the sensor in and test it.
Robert:beer:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The computer retards the ignition when it "Hears" the signature sound of Pre-Ignition knock....If the sensor fails and sets a code the computer goes into a Limp-Mode and retards ignition and fattens up the fuel to prevent melt down...Working properly the computer will advance ignition timing to match the load and quality of the fuel...

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
just remember when you pull that knock sensor you will loose all the coolant and its a mess to clean up. be sure to drain all you can from the radiator good luck bro holler later:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::You_Rock:

·
Registered
195 Posts
GM used to sell a "350 HO" conversion kit for Camaros. It consisted of everything necessary for swapping out a LG4/L69 305 for a ZZ4 350. It kept the CCC setup so the knock sensor and ESC part numbers should be applicable to your setup. I believe knock sensors are matched up to the ESC and vice versa so if you change one, you need to change both. More knowledgeable folks please chime in on this one…

here's the link:
http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/ChevySmallBlockV8s/HO_350_Camaro_Conversion.cfm

Sensor, Knock 10456288
Module, Elect. Spark Control 16128261

1 - 16 of 16 Posts