El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 4
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only know of like 2 other El Caminos in 500 miles of Washington county VA. For gods sake, I saw 3 subaru BRATs the other day and 2 Rancheros. Why am I alone here?

P.S. I need a vacuum cylinder!!! IM DYIIIIINNG
(81 conquista 229, sunroof, 8 couch cushions***)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Can't help ya. I'm "north of the border".

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy down there, but I know there have to be a few others around. Dunno why they're staying silent on here.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Where are you in Virginia? I've been to Car Shows for the last couple years and have seen a few El Camino's. I'm down here in South Boston, VA and try not to go more than 100 miles one way for shows. Saw your town put not sure where it is and now forgot the name. Anyway perhaps you are above Martinsville or on the other side south. Michael in Vierginia

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I believe they have something going on in Roanoke around the first of March, In door car show. I've been to the Car Show at the V. A. in Salem so not sure if you are even looking for car shows around the state. If you live their then you've got to travel alot to see others. I know of a couple sharp El Camino down in Greensboro, NC. Michael in Virginia??

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Where is everybody in region 4????????? Surely we have a few members here in virginia besides maryland. I'm still here in the south boston, virginia area and hope to be doing car shows sometime in the middle of the month of march. Getting my engine bay done over again the right way and once that is finished hopefully the new rims. Michael in south boston, virginia

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Where are you in Virginia? I've been to Car Shows for the last couple years and have seen a few El Camino's. I'm down here in South Boston, VA and try not to go more than 100 miles one way for shows. Saw your town put not sure where it is and now forgot the name. Anyway perhaps you are above Martinsville or on the other side south. Michael in Virginia

·
Registered
358 Posts
All I see is other Caminos

I only know of like 2 other El Caminos in 500 miles of Washington county VA. For gods sake, I saw 3 subaru BRATs the other day and 2 Rancheros. Why am I alone here?

P.S. I need a vacuum cylinder!!! IM DYIIIIINNG
(81 conquista 229, sunroof, 8 couch cushions***)
Geez Mike, I'm on the road dang near every other day, and see quite a few other Caminos. Now,.. a Ranchero,.. in South Carolina? Last one spotted on the Coast was 10 years ago,.. They stopped making them in '78 I think? - George

·
Deputy Director Region 4
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im in Abingdon, I go to the car shows in Bristol and of course Im on the parking lot in Abingdon on Saturdays. I also got accepted to college, going to sell my Belovèd soon! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
358 Posts
Think twice

Im in Abingdon, I go to the car shows in Bristol and of course Im on the parking lot in Abingdon on Saturdays. I also got accepted to college, going to sell my Belovèd soon! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nick, Think twice before parting with her. Unless you need the money drastically, try to keep the car. Take it from me,.. I sold a '64 Camino 283 all trimmed out just to pay for first semester College books. I got a part time job, had enough money to get me by, and couldn't buy back my Camino. The clown I sold it to, wrecked it 2 weeks after I signed the Regi. - Poor planning on my part. - George

·
Deputy Director Region 4
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got through inspection *whew* good for another 80,000 miles

Mines just an 80, as special as it is, I want a 72 or 73, which both cost a considerable amount more, and are harder to find by far. My house also needs work, on top of going to college. Idk, Ill put it up for an actually reasonable amount and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Nick, Think twice before parting with her. Unless you need the money drastically, try to keep the car. Take it from me,.. I sold a '64 Camino 283 all trimmed out just to pay for first semester College books. I got a part time job, had enough money to get me by, and couldn't buy back my Camino. The clown I sold it to, wrecked it 2 weeks after I signed the Regi. - Poor planning on my part. - George

I agree with George. If you really like the car you should keep it if you can. I sold my first collectible car, a 1972 Volkswagon Karmann Ghia, when our second child came long. I sold it because it wasn't practical in that it lacked a functional back seat. I sold the Ghia, along with my motorcycle and a sporty little 4x4 pickup, exchanging those three for a crew-cab Nissan pickup.

I still pine for that car, and to a lesser extent, the bike, even though I sold them almost thirteen years ago. I suspect that is part of the reason that I am so reluctant to sell one of my toys now.

Copper

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Nick, when you get a chance send me a picture or two and your $$$$$. You can't post it on here since you don't have enough post. I will PM you also. Michael in South Boston, VA [email protected] (434) 549-3936 I have a 80 now that I take to car shows. I went and looked at one down in NC but it was trash. :smileyb:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts