El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what was the total price nut and bolts and Carb and tune. I got a v2 but Its off a g35 so I still need brackets and a power hat just wondering if its worth it. Side note if I ran an inter cooler without it would it help or just choke down the Carb trying to pull through it

·
Registered
555 Posts
And what was the total price nut and bolts and Carb and tune. I got a v2 but Its off a g35 so I still need brackets and a power hat just wondering if its worth it. Side note if I ran an inter cooler without it would it help or just choke down the Carb trying to pull through it
Don't mean to be a buzz kill, but that combo would make 500-600-700hp depending on the tune. Gonna need to have a bad little tranny and converter behind that beast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know I'm new here, but blowers are my thing. What kind of motor you running (C/R, stroke, heads, cam)? Intercooler deepens on how much boost you plan to run. Any thing over 6psi, I'd recommend it. With a V2, you have MEGA potential.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 330 gm crate Vortech heads performer rpm airgap intake holley 650 blow through with progressive boost psi (not installed yet still running the eldy 600) headers into super 44 tci 700r4 and true ttrac 373 gears what kinda power would I be looking at with 8 pounds of boost oh yea gm say its 9.1-1 compression If I'm rememver correct

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have a 330 gm crate Vortech heads performer rpm airgap intake holley 650 blow through with progressive boost psi (not installed yet still running the eldy 600) headers into super 44 tci 700r4 and true ttrac 373 gears what kinda power would I be looking at with 8 pounds of boost oh yea gm say its 9.1-1 compression If I'm rememver correct
Putting 8 pounds in a 9.1:1 motor would give you about 14:1 compression under boost. A 14:1 350 should make 600hp. I don't know what kind of cam you have in that motor, but I'm sure you'll benifit more from a different camshaft. Depending on the cam and how high you spin it, It could even make closer to 700hp.

If you got a built TCI 700r4 it should handle 500hp, what kind of converter you running?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts