El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have one for my c-10 it is now used as a paper weight. However the difference in them is that the truck has a hinged ash tray so even a can half empty puts too much stress on the tiny spring for it and it spills anyways. :???: On Elky's they are screwed in and pull out.I would assume this is a lot more stable since there is no hinge. I would have one but I just built a center counsel instead.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use one. I found it handy. Gets a little crowded with three in the front. I also found it cheaper $35, from one of the normal suppliers. Eklers, Dixie Monte Carlos or one of those, can not remember which one.

Harris

·
Registered
388 Posts
I also have one. I don't drink coffee in my cars/trucks but water bottles fit nicely in it. I remove it when I have two passengers. It's not 'screwed in' per se, it fits in place of the ashtray which is fine since niether my wife nor I smoke. I don't that in any car I'm in anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sorry that did come out wrong. The ash tray support is screwed into the dash instead of setting on a hinge like my truck. That probably makes more sense.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Tell you what, i made a "custom one" for under $5 bucks.

Tell ya how. Go to an auto parts store and they had transmission hump drink consoles on sale for $4.88.

Bought it and took a dremil to the bottom side to get the right curve for the transmission hump and it works perfect.

$55, ouch seems a bit high:poke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts