·
Regional Director, Region 5
1,880 Posts
I am 3 hours or so south in Monroe.

·
Past National Director
7,013 Posts
Get-Together..................

You folks over there need to plan a get-together at a location central to several members. If anyone will step up, I'll help with the planning, and furnish contact information for area members. I can also send out mass eMails notifying the area members of any activity. Any takers???....................Ken

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hello Bob in Greensboro, I'm up here in South Boston, Va l& before that I was in Roxboro, NC for 13 years. That's a bummer buying your car and blowing the engine before you get home with it.
I found my car in 2009 and finally my engine blew last year and also had a 350 dropped into it. Went to alot of Car Shows for awhile but do more cruise inn now. The fourth Saturday of the month their is a big cruise-inn in Chatham, Va which is above Danville,VA If I go I try to get their by 3pm and then you turn your car into the curb around 4pm. Get lots of cars up that way, 4th Saturday.
I'm assuming you have a 1978 El Camino but I notice in your garage under the "General Information" you have Model-El Camino & under Packages-Caballero Never the less WELCOME to a great site here and lets find a few shows, etc to attend. The biggest one with about 30 El Camino/Caballero was when I went to Carlise, Pa which is coming up in June again. Have only been once but would like to go again. Again WELCOME WELCOME, Michael here in South Boston, Va 434-579-2221

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You folks over there need to plan a get-together at a location central to several members. If anyone will step up, I'll help with the planning, and furnish contact information for area members. I can also send out mass eMails notifying the area members of any activity. Any takers???....................Ken
That sounds good. I am about to go on vacation to the beach for 3 weeks starting this Sunday. When I get back I will help plan a get together. Now there is a car show in Morehead city May 19th I was going to check out if anyone is in that area let me know and I can meet up with you. Check out this link https://cruisincarolinamagazine.com...auto-show-morehead-city-nc/?instance_id=31469

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
You may have seen a Maroon 66 El Camino driving around Greensboro , that's 66SUV , Brent , he used to live here in Melbourne , Florida but moved to Greensboro a few years ago .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Bob in Greensboro, I'm up here in South Boston, Va l& before that I was in Roxboro, NC for 13 years. That's a bummer buying your car and blowing the engine before you get home with it.
I found my car in 2009 and finally my engine blew last year and also had a 350 dropped into it. Went to alot of Car Shows for awhile but do more cruise inn now. The fourth Saturday of the month their is a big cruise-inn in Chatham, Va which is above Danville,VA If I go I try to get their by 3pm and then you turn your car into the curb around 4pm. Get lots of cars up that way, 4th Saturday.
I'm assuming you have a 1978 El Camino but I notice in your garage under the "General Information" you have Model-El Camino & under Packages-Caballero Never the less WELCOME to a great site here and lets find a few shows, etc to attend. The biggest one with about 30 El Camino/Caballero was when I went to Carlise, Pa which is coming up in June again. Have only been once but would like to go again. Again WELCOME WELCOME, Michael here in South Boston, Va 434-579-2221

Hi The person that I bought the car from gave me an option to get my money back or they would give me $2000.00 back to go towards repairs. I took the 2k. I am still fixing things on the car I know that will be an ongoing job but it is much better now. I retire in 2 years and for a retirement present to myself I am going to get it painted.
so far
1. new engine
2. wiper blade motor
3. power steering pump motor
4. new digital dash
5. seat covers
6. new ceiling felt assy
7. radio and back up camera
8. New carburetor
9. new visors

My wife said she cannot wait until it is all done and no more problems. I told her that day will never come unfortunately. Hopefully longer times between fixes.

I am not totally sure it is the Caballero package or not. I had to get the dmv to verify my vin number before I could get my title. They said when they looked it up it was an elcomino- something that started with a C. I could not remember what they said and I am not able to pull up the vin information because it is an old vin number. It has full bench seats, power windows and door locks and power left seats.

The car show sounds good up there. When I get back I will have to try it out.

Bob 336-279-4633

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may have seen a Maroon 66 El Camino driving around Greensboro , that's 66SUV , Brent , he used to live here in Melbourne , Florida but moved to Greensboro a few years ago .
I will keep an eye out for it

·
Regional Director, Region 5
1,880 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I would be willing to go north of Charlotte for a meet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts