El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in region 7 going to Moultrie GA. next month? They are supposed to have a huge swap meet and car auction there Feb 6-8.

I know that the guy I bought trim clips from in Daytona said he'd be there, and his prices were great. And I just so happen to need a bunch of different ones now, after pulling all the interior and exterior trim 8O

Just pulled the motor and trans from my Elky today working towards that total resto.

Lee

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Lee,I don't know, I'd like to go.I've got some projects to finish,but maybe I could slip away for a day.
Are you going to build your engine for more hp?I miss my '70 Elky.It had a 350/330 hp engine w/3.55 rear.Boy could that thing light 'um up.
Well,maybe I'll get to the swap meet,
8) Shane

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Shane, I just got back in town for a day, and figured it would be good to clean up the email.
I'm heading to Multrie on Sat. the 7th, probably be there around 10.

Why did you get rid of the 70 Elky? I know I'd like to find a decent 72 or older to restore. But the 74 was available and the price was right. The engine already has some work, but I plan to pump it up some..... :cool:
I'm looking to get somewhere around 400 hp give or take a little. My intent is to be able to drive it on the highway and get at least 10 to 12 mpg. looking to put a fairly good gear in for both road and go!
What you got now or working on?

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts