El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been tossing around the idea or having our Elky painted in the sunset orange color that Chevy used on the 01-02 Camaro's. We were originally going to go with a blue,but now we are rethinking. I'm not the best with getting the right color shades in photoshop. Can anyone photoshop this pic. for me in the sunset orange color with black stripes and again with white stripe? The orange isn't bright,it's more like a burnt orange. THANKS!

The Elky pic.

Sunset orange Camaro for color refferance

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, here we go:

I haven't seen the corvette color in real life so I just sampled the
color from the pics supplied.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I do ok with it...better than most less than others. Where is the photo you want touched up?

Keep in mind when you change the hue/saturation you want to still keep the highlights in the car. Sometimes you can only go so far in one area of color.

What color is your car now?...Email me a pic of the car and let me give it a shot for you.

Dave

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
87SS: I've tried emailing him but I think his email addy is F'ed up.

Hillbilly: I like the lights lite. Thats a neat effect. How did you do that?

70ELCO: The only real decent pic. I have on the net is this one:Elky pic.
All the rest I have on the net are worse(note to self,take better pics.). I'm not gonna knock hillbillies efforts,they are better than I could achieve. I showed the wife and she is liking it so far. So it gives us a good idea. NYCElky also gave a thumbs up on the color. The car is white so it's a blank canvas. I think Avalanches used that color as well for refferance.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Information only, it's called Sunset Orange Metallic or SOM as most of the Camaro/Firebird owners call it. I almost got it for my Camaro but decided I liked the Light Pewter Metallic just a little more, but not by much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
70elco, Dave, I don't expect any respect for those pics, they were done
fast and by an amateur, myself, and they were made for FREE.
Eagerly awaiting to see your attempt, now you just have to post a pic :)
ColdBastrd, the lights effect is real simple, just click on the Ffilter menu
in Photoshop, then click Render and then Lens Flare.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hillbilly...Sorry for my first post. I sincerely did not mean anything by it. And at least you knew how to post a pic here with a post!

Ok you want orange you got orange! One with black stripes and one with white stripes. Since my car was white I just took one of my pictures I had and used that. Again like hillbilly I did just throw this thing together in a few minutes....oh, one more thing, It's free also! :)

I think I will keep mine white! :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a hand it too you Dave, you know your photoshop editing, nice job !

For free = "never look a gift horse in the mouth"

Best Regards / hillbilly

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Mooey much appriciated. And I never look a gift horse in the face :D I'll have to try that light effect too. That's neat.

I guess our biggest concern is that we don't want it to look like a pumpkin or Halloween car. I think the more burnt and less bright orange would be the best for that. What do you guys think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts