El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin' it's a better thing to find an audio shop to put together an extreme noise system for the El Camino

Anyone in Raleigh area know of one to trust?

Thanks! :beer:

·
Registered
852 Posts
for what youll spend on a mediocre system at a shop you can piece what you want together yourself and have it twice as loud. with the wiring kits nowadays its never been easier to wire everything up.

depending on what you want though, subwoofer wise youre sort of limited to what kind of box you can run. that is unless you run a custom box.

i posted a few pics of my new setup in another thread (remade my box and changed it a little) might give you an idea

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
Hey Ray, I picked up a amp and speakers at best buy, speaker boxs at the Raleigh swap met, tweaters off of ebay, doors speakers and new dash speakers and put them in myself. There is one off of Capital Blvd just past the 440 split but they are really proud of their work and are really high priced. If you want I'll give you a hand doing the install. It's not hard at all and my system sounds really good to me. Drop me a line if you are intrested. I also have a retro radio system, it has a jack for my Ipod and all of the RCA jacks to hook up the amp . Greg

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I always do my own,my extreme noise system ,is in the form of a V8, Hooker and flow master !!! Thump Thump Thump ! :poke:

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
I always do my own,my extreme noise system ,is in the form of a V8, Hooker and flow master !!! Thump Thump Thump ! :poke:

:beer:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ray, I picked up a amp and speakers at best buy, speaker boxs at the Raleigh swap met, tweaters off of ebay, doors speakers and new dash speakers and put them in myself. There is one off of Capital Blvd just past the 440 split but they are really proud of their work and are really high priced. If you want I'll give you a hand doing the install. It's not hard at all and my system sounds really good to me. Drop me a line if you are intrested. I also have a retro radio system, it has a jack for my Ipod and all of the RCA jacks to hook up the amp . Greg
Back in the day when I could get around easier and bend down better and doing things of my own design were realistic ... I would try to figure out this thing.

BESIDES THAT :dontknow: Some people think I am cantankerous so I need the THUMP that will OUT THUMP the thumper's out there.

They think I need to hear their rap or Hispanic sounds - nonsense! THEY NEED TO HEAR ITALIAN MUSIC!
... and Creedence Clearwater Revival instead of their stuff.​
It needs to be loud enough for them to hear it when theirs is blasting! :twisted:

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
Back in the day when I could get around easier and bend down better and doing things of my own design were realistic ... I would try to figure out this thing.

BESIDES THAT :dontknow: Some people think I am cantankerous so I need the THUMP that will OUT THUMP the thumper's out there.
They think I need to hear their rap or Hispanic sounds - nonsense! THEY NEED TO HEAR ITALIAN MUSIC!
... and Creedence Clearwater Revival instead of their stuff.
It needs to be loud enough for them to hear it when theirs is blasting! :twisted:

We can do that! mine is!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know that's right!! I've never been a bass guy anyway. I like it in other peoples cars but I turn it all the way down in mines. I'm a treble guy. But the exhaust is always for the win. Hedman LT's backed up by 2.5 true duals and turbo mufflers..SWEET MUSIC

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that's right!! I've never been a bass guy anyway. I like it in other peoples cars but I turn it all the way down in mines. I'm a treble guy. But the exhaust is always for the win. Hedman LT's backed up by 2.5 true duals and turbo mufflers..SWEET MUSIC
I am not wanting it for the music ... I want to force feed music onto those who like to cover up my talk radio with their noise.

That is what it is all about :twisted:

Since I am now doing a 12 month payment plan on another classic the noise attack plan is on the back burner for now ...

and the darn thing is stuck in the shop (STILL) waiting for the body work to be done and my attitude is getting real poor right now with this nonsense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts