El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought what is supposed to be an '86 Elky TBI unit from a wrecking yard in Mass. Received it and am fairly sure it is out of something other than a Elky. The unit is 7.5 inches long from the lid to the bottom of the pump; the float is .5 inches below that. The fuel lines hang straight down from the top without an angled turn like a carburetor sending unit; the formed rubber hoses were chopped off but enough was left for the lines to do a 180 turn and pass by the steel lines going the opposite direction. My guess is that it would work but not with less than 1/2 - 3/4 of a tank of gas. The seller refused a return of the unit and I have filed a dispute with Visa. I going to need a picture of the correct unit to argue my case.

Thanks in advance for any help !
leadmine

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i hope this helps its from an 85 but dont remenber if 17 or 22 gallon but it is only 1/4 in shorter than the one i just took ouy of my carb equipted 22 gallon 86,so i would asume its 22 gallon

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's what I used in my LT1 swap. Then the fuel pump from a TPI Camaro attaches right to the fuel feed pipe.

And the gas gage reads 1/4 when the 22 gal tank is half full.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the sender pic is of a original efi elco not an aftermarket. the j a that removed it from the car cut the pressure line with the sawzal he used to remove it from the car. it read fine but is damaged

·
Registered
52 Posts
sender

dixiemonticarlo.com has the sender cheap

·
Registered
5 Posts
The eL Camino store has a good picture. You could hang the level gauge with a short bake line welded or brazed to the top of the sender mounting plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts