El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy who has a re-manufactured short block from a company called Evergreen Engine Exchange out of Spokane Wa. It is a 350 block out of a 69 Corvette according to the cast #. Paperwork says it originally came with a 12 month warranty when he bought it in 2004. Been sitting in his garage ever since. Any thoughts on this?
RTT

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
check the cylinders for pits,and rust from setting ,have him turn it over with a wrence,you dont want a seized up engine,is it bagged? should have been well sprayed down with some kind of rust inhibitorr,did you getthe casting numbers ? or did he give them to you ? eight years is a long time for a engine to set opened up ! check it our real good,if i was going to buy it i would pull a main cap or two and one or two rod caps ! but thats just me good luck :beer::texas:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw no rust or pitting with the pan off and the cylinders looked smooth and clean. My understanding is that this was originally a camel hump motor. Will more common newer heads work on those motors or would I have to track down those rare heads?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts