El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Came across a elky that looks promising. I need a experienced elky owner to eyeball it.
Please PM or email me and I'll give you the info. Will pay your gas and will do the same for you, here in the Virginia Beach area, if ever needed.
Thx,
WD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tough Crowd..

..OK, sounds like everybody is busy too. How about I paypal you $50 plus gas to look at it? And Beer.. :beer:
I do need a experienced elky owner.
Thx,
WD

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
sorry not from there... i do have friends out there where about is the car at...he isn't a mechanic but may be able to eyeball it for ya if he has a chance it his busy season

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry not from there... i do have friends out there where about is the car at...he isn't a mechanic but may be able to eyeball it for ya if he has a chance it his busy season
Thanks, nice of you,.. but a elky owner with a mechanical back ground is needed to check and listen to all the mechanical parts, engine, tranny, etc. I have plenty of pics of the body and engine. Just need some "mechanic to mechanic" hands on info.

Mmm, Beer......

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Can you get the owner to take it to a Chevy dealer there and have them check it and fax you a report? The $50 plus beer money you were going to spend should cover the cost of the vehicle check. Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
How to find a member to help in other cities

Water Dawg - Here's a couple of other suggestions for your problem:

We have four active members who live in Lakewood CO where the car for sale is located. Two of those members have lots of posts here: dougs85 has 2,286 posts and RabitTribble has 33 posts. I found them by clicking on Members List, hitting advanced search, and typing in Lakewood, Colorado and Region 16 in the appropriate fields shown on the menu.

You can find even more members (21 to be specific) by doing that same type of search but entering 802 in the Zip Code field, Colorado and Region 16 as above. Buddyluv has 18 posts and David Z has 30 posts. You might consider sending each of them a Private Message or email thru the website and ask them if they are available to help.

Final suggestion, adding to the remark from the post just above, is to have the seller take the car back to Luby Chevy (in Lakeland CO where it was sold new) for a written inspection and a copy of the service records from their GM computer system. Overall, that looks like a very decent car to buy, but maybe you can negotiate the price down a bit. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts