El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of research on them over the past month or so, and I finally broke down and ordered a set of their ceramic shorty headers last night. For 160 bucks I figured there wasn't that much to lose if they were trash. You can check 'em out here Anyone? :beer:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
any header has to be better than the trash manifolds they put on the g bodys.long tube headers would build more torque but these should be ok.the only reservation i would have with these you cant put collectore extensions on them to tune your bottom end

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, when I took out the 267 it was laughable at best. My exhaust manifolds I have on the car now actually came off a 79 Chevrolet Van. Ha! :beer:

·
Master Dipstick
544 Posts
Chris I got my (mid length) ceramic coated headers from CFR they look as good today as they did when I installed them at least a year ago. They went in very nice and easy. Be sure break in the ceramic coating. Once you have them installed start the engine and let it run for a few minutes until it gets up to operating tempeature then shut it off and let the headers cool down completly, do this at least three times. This helps bake the coating to the pipes and retain the finish.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I FINALLY got around to getting the headers on. Only problem now is the passenger side is still touching the upper control arm a little bit. But, here's what they sound like uncorked! I'm happy!

·
Master Dipstick
544 Posts
Sound and look great. I had top file the passenger side upper control arm just a bit to keep it from taking the ceramic coating off mine too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not real sure yet! Thinkin' about some Flowmaster 40's. I wish I could leave it like this all the time! hahahahaha! :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts