El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm way in up Boston, Mass (though I'm not a real Yankee) and I'm looking at a '72 Elky that's for sale on Craigslist. Is anyone near Sulphur Springs that could take a look at it for me? I'm sure I could cover gas/beer money if needed.

Thanks!

Chris :texas:

· Ministry of Broke Things
6,881 Posts
Chris,

I'm about an hour NW of Sulphur Springs. I also own a '72, so that's another plus. How time sensitive is this? The reason I ask is that, due to a death in the family, I will not have the time to check it out for you any sooner than the weekend of June 9/10. If I can help, let me know.:texas:

6,881 Posts
Not too bad, assuming you're looking for a solid foundation for a project. Not sure who is the closest. I thinks it's really right in between us. Heck, we can both go and look at it one day if you want. Then you'll have two opinions.

6,881 Posts
Aw c'mon Woody, where the fun in that???:dontknow:

#9, keep us posted if you're needing one or both of us to take a look. Looks good from the pics, but then again, a lot of things do.

· Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm trying to get in contact with the seller now. If anyone can see anything rust-y in the pics, please let me know as I'm not super sure what to look for.
The problem with the pics is too much shade. You can make out the outline, but you can't see anything. In the sun, you could see rust(if any) and how good the paint is.

· Registered
1972 El Camino SS Tribute
440 Posts
Chris,

A long time ago in a Galaxy far away, I was a young Green Beret Captain assigned to 10th Special Forces Group at Fort Devens, Mass. I owned a 1970 El Camino custom at the time & I think it was the only one in the state of Taxachusetts. You must be a trail blazer.

Although San Antonio is way too far from Sulpher Springs to drive, I do want to offer you an alternative if this deal does not work out. I currently have a 1972 El Camino SS with build sheet that is restored to GM specs. Although drive train numbers do not match, there is no rust, leaks, or mechanical/electrical problems. Rushgator or any of the Region 13 members that were at Belton last weekend can verify the condition (and I got 17 mph driving about 70 mph for most of the 350 mile trip). If you are interested in a bonified SS, you will not find one nicer or more original for the price.

PM me if you are interested.

Good luck in your search.
Fred

6,881 Posts
Chris,

Don't know what your budget is, but if you want one ready to go, I'll back Fred up and say that his is an exceptionally nice '72 SS. There's probably several good pics of it on our Belton meet picture thread.

G

·
Is this a bad sign? I don't know anything about bodywork (but I'm pretty handy mechanically.)

http://www.mainewomensrugby.com/cwaltham/rust
Yes,that's a very bad sign. Its rusted completely through the metal and not to mention the rust under the window which usually means there's rust in the floor boards. Not sure of your price range,here's a couple I found here!
68 El Camino, with a SS hood. Must sale. - $2600 (Fort Worth)

Date: 2012-05-26, 5:12PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Good project car, got sick and can not do what is needed to finish out this car. Start and runs good, rebuilt 350 motor and transmission.
Rust in lower rocker panels, Dent in the drivers side door. Have the grill and all the chrome. Interior all intact. Does have a SS hood on the car already.

George. 817 938 2764

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3034522969
71 El Camino--Classic, Numbers Matching - $3500 ([email protected])

Date: 2012-05-02, 9:51AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
1971 El Camino
* Numbers Match
* 350, Automatic, runs good
* extra hood & grill
* needs some body work, some is done
* price negotiable
* email with your number to get a call back

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2991714141

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.