El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the 00 S-10 BLAZER 2WD spindles on their 73-77? I am considering this and wanted to know if anyone else did.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I have a set of lowering spindles for a '73. I was told the '73 is unique and is the same as a later model Trans-Am. My old mechanic tried to use the Blazer spindles and they did not work. Not sure why and he is no longer available to ask questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be cause all the openings were smaller but I was planning on making them larger. I wanted to do it cause they have two piston calipers and the brake rotor was separate from the hub. I can change the studs so that isn't a problem.custom brake lines handle the hydraulics. I just wondered if anyone else did it. Thanks for the reply, will let you know how this works out.

·
Premium Member
5,893 Posts
What holes are you planning on making larger? If your thinking the ball joint holes I'm not sure where you will find a bit with the right taper. I'm thinking major safety issue here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't have to do any modifications to anything. all the balljoints are the same. I only have to use a different outer tie rod end and use custom brake lines and I am pretty much set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts