Deputy Director Supporting Member
Hey, guys. I want you all to know that I no longer have a vacuum leak! And I'm really sorry I took up your time asking for tips on what to fix. I checked this and that, rerouted vacuum lines, put in vacuum tees, and changed the location of where the vacuum lines plugged in. It turns out, of all things, that my carburetor was not machined flat on the bottom. Previously, I had been using a 3/10" thick gasket that sealed up great. Then, I put a 1" phenolic spacer on, which, due to hood clearance, couldn't use the thicker gasket and used regular paper gaskets. Well I sprayed around the intake and carb to see if I could identify leaks, but couldn't really get the spray to the back of the carb due to vacuum lines, distributor, plug wires, etc. I took the spacer off this morning, and both thin paper gaskets it came with were fuel-soaked all the way to the outer edges. There's my vacuum leak. I now have the thick gasket back on with no spacer, and the engine is happy at low-rpms. Thanks again for your help!