El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 'Meeno
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any used/installed this grill?

Nice quality, but the mounting tabs don't seem to match anything on my 82 Elco. To further complicate things I'm pretty sure the truck was wrecked and the front end was replaced at some point, but that shouldn't matter.

Just wondering if anyone has installed this.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think many of these grills are basically an insert that requires you to modify your original eggcrate grill to fit. That's what I had to do when I installed a similar grill in mine a couple years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any used/installed this grill?

Nice quality, but the mounting tabs don't seem to match anything on my 82 Elco. To further complicate things I'm pretty sure the truck was wrecked and the front end was replaced at some point, but that shouldn't matter.

Just wondering if anyone has installed this.

View attachment 135701
I recently installed an Off Roader black stainless grille from Amazon $51.99. Cutting out the center section of the old grille was very time consuming and the angle of the new grille was different from the original causing fitment problems. I would be leaning towards a "no cut" grille if I were doing it again even with the extra expense. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
82 'Meeno
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently installed an Off Roader black stainless grille from Amazon $51.99. Cutting out the center section of the old grille was very time consuming and the angle of the new grille was different from the original causing fitment problems. I would be leaning towards a "no cut" grille if I were doing it again even with the extra expense. Good luck with yours.
Yeah, I noticed the angle is not quite right on mine either :confused: Its close, but its off by an1/8" or so as it leaves the outside and comes to a point in the middle. I might just send it back and get a complete grill from OPG or another aftermarket dealer. I think this is going to be more fab than I want to do, and even then it won't be correct. It's a shame...its a nice grill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the angle is not quite right on mine either :confused: Its close, but its off by an1/8" or so as it leaves the outside and comes to a point in the middle. I might just send it back and get a complete grill from OPG or another aftermarket dealer. I think this is going to be more fab than I want to do, and even then it won't be correct. It's a shame...its a nice grill.
The angle on mine is more like 1\2" off. I got it in but the top chrome part of the original grille does not align with the body very well. If you get a no-cut grille please let me know how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts