El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm new here. I only recently purchased my 85 Elco, hasn't even arrived in the country yet but already stockpiling parts for her. It's got IROC wheels on it at the moment but I'm not digging them. Looking to fit some Cragars.

I've come across some wheels here in Australia but am unsure as to whether or not they will fit.

The seller has provided the following information:

4x14x6
4 1/4 backspacing
Multifit (Unilug)

Image attached.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome!

Bill put a lot of effort into this post below. check it out. he mentions some issues with his 4 1/4 BS but those were on 7" rims. do you know what tire size those are?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Not sure of the tyre size but i can ask the seller. To be honest i'd probably be fitting different rubber anyway so not a huge concern.

·
Premium Member
7,993 Posts
Hi panama, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. They can work,but it takes special parts to hold them on. I have a set of unilugs for my 78 and they vibrate alot. I can't remember what those parts are called. One is a piece that mounts to the drum and connects inside the hub.

·
Elkybuick
2,805 Posts
Welcome from West Palm Beach Fl I have 15 inch Cragar's on mine with 225 tires and hit the wheel well a little, the came off an old GTO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the replies. I spoke to the seller, the tyres that are on there are:
215/65/14 and as mentioned above fitted to 4x14x6 with 4.25" backspacing. Were pulled from a 57 chev.

Anyone willing to take a guess on whether or not these will rub. Here's the car currently with IROC.

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
474 Posts
Same I had on mine for years, just remember that unlug are lug centric not hub centric. They can be hard to balance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts