El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm sleeping I get woke up by my cell phone ringing just a few feet from my head. I pick it up and answer it. It's the place I've been working at for about 2.5 months now. And they tell me "We no longer have any forseeable work for you in the future. But, we will keep you in mind when other jobs become available." So I'm now left with about one month to come up with $300 so I can keep up on my car payment and insurance. I've still got two more checks to pick up, one from two weeks ago of about $188(forgot to pick it up last friday) and another check for last week for only 15.5 hours. Argh... this is bugging me. Well I guess I've gotta head on outta here and try and find another job.

Oh, BTW, I've got $84.15 in the bank right now and have a car payment of $200 due tomorrow. I guess if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Charles

·
Registered
492 Posts
:( im sorry to here that, i hope things pick up for you. good luck finding another job.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my luck just got even worse. I went out to my car to go pick up my paycheck. And I noticed my seat was flipped forward and the door was 'resting' against the striker. I didn't think anything of it and got in sat down, and noticed my tach was broken off of the dash :angry: . So I looked behind the seat, yup, my tools and everything else I had behind the seat is gone too. Who knows what else was messed with. Cops are on their way over right now. Will let ya know what goes on later.

Charles

·
Registered
492 Posts
:( aww man, this is just not your day. hope they catch the ******* who did it.

·
1,867 Posts
Man, I hope your luck turns soon. Hang in there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, This was my GMC that this happened to. Total estimate of stolen parts: $200

1- Autometer Sport-Comp Monster tach: $110
2- 3.5foot sections of 2-1/4" exhaust pipe: $32
2- exhaust hangers: $8
1- 115piece tool kit: $50

Cops came over and said that there's nothing they can do, other than have me fill out a report and 'wait'. I'm putting an ad in the paper offering a cash reward for the return of my stuff. I only care about the tools and tach. I got the tool kit for my 15th b-day from my dad, and the tach hasn't even been installed for one week.

This just isn't a good day for me.

Charles

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn Charles... that definitely bites!!! I've been lucky and havn't gotten "that" call...but i do know what you're goin' through with the police. It's INCREADIBLY frustrating!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
know how that goes. stumble out to my car. drive home, grill is gone.. wtf. who would steal the busted ass stock grill off a 78? it was ugly anyways! now everyone can see the intercooler right under the trans cooler... shoot!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, some good news to speak of. Monday when I went to get my check at the office. After I signed for it I was told there was an opening down the road at the local ceiling tile plant. My mom, one of my sisters and her husband work there already. So, I gladly accepted. The pay is considerably better. Before I was getting roughly $232 per week, I will now be up to $600 per week. Will now have plenty of money left over for a top end car alarm, maybe two. :lol: Also, my dad bought me another tool kit. Now to find the bastards who f*cked with my car and get my stuff back.

Charles

·
Registered
60 Posts
well happy new year!

Sounds like things are turning around. Never know what a few bad turns end you up better than you were.

I complained when they put up this fence around my apt complex becuase all these car windows were getting smashed because my I had to take my hound all the way around to chase rabbits in the vacant lot.

Anyway, someone busted off a section of fence, right by where my El lives. So the shortcut was back in effect. So is the window smashing.
At least all I ended up with so far is a few nickel sized splatter cracks low passenger side windshied. Nice. But I hear that those windshields have some plastic layers, so it shouldn't spread all the way across like newer cars. We'll see I guess.

So I end up calling up and asking when are they gonna fix that fence anyway? Ha- Ha. Anyway, I'd just let it go with regard to the the bastards. It'll all work out for them anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts