El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the car show formerly known as Hot Cars & Chili , no chili this year , but Hot Car Show at Anchorage Park , we have attended this show as a group before many times . How many interested in going ? Whip posted an registration on FB . Start spreading the word .

·
Elkybuick
2,872 Posts
This is the car show formerly known as Hot Cars & Chili , no chili this year , but Hot Car Show at Anchorage Park , we have attended this show as a group before many times . How many interested in going ? Whip posted an registration on FB . Start spreading the word .
So Mary and you coming I'm debating about going I have had two lung blood clots times two heart stents and do not want to bring anything home to my nurse (Wife). she is just staying home as much as possible. Bob ElkyBuick

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't do FB. Can anyone supply details?

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,686 Posts
I don't do FB. Can anyone supply details?
The North Palm Beach " Hot Car Show " is a show we have attended a number of times and had a good turnout and fun times . Previously , there was additionally a chili cook off contest going on . For $ 5 you bought a ticket and got very small samples made by a number of contestants and you could go back numerous times , then vote for your favorite . They are hoping to bring back the chili contest back next year . Proceeds go toward youth activities in the community of NPB . It has been scaling back in size with awards and there used be a good live band etc. Situated in nice Anchorage Park next to the Inland Waterway which is pretty , there is a fine collection of vehicles , food trucks . We get parking together and the weather is usually enjoyable . It is totally outdoors , convenient fro I 95 , easy to find and in a good area . They give out sweet awards for Participant`s , People`s , Mayor`s , Staff and Top NPB Choices . The show is on Jan. 30 , 2021 from 11 am to 2 pm , $ 15 preregistration and $ 20 day of show and registration at the gate from 9 to 11 am . I don`t remember where Rtatwk would stay overnight , maybe he can tell us . We started meeting up at a convenient parking area off Northlake Blvd . that Whip turned us on to and then a short drive to the park together . Are there others interested ? If so , I will try to postpone the work I have scheduled for that weekend as it take we at least 3 days to attend the event .

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Directions are take I 95 to Northlake Blvd then go East on Northlake Blvd , you will see a Publix on your right , that is where we meet up around 830-900 am , then we convoy East to US 1 & head North to the first red light & turn left at Anchorage road or Blvd & go West to park , if you find Publix you can just follow us in , I usually just pay $20 at gate & get a free T-Shirt ( I have 8 different ones now ) We went there Jan 2020 , that was last show we attended . Northlake Blvd is just a short drive South of Jupiter ( Indiantown road ) I don't know where you live but you can do a map quest or GPS .We usually leave Melbourne around 7 am & drive down about one & a half hours or 100 miles & leave around 4 or 430 to drive home before dark , you might want to get a hotel nearby . If the weather is good & our health is also we will try to make it , we usually get about 12 Elkys at the show because we have a lot of members in that area .

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to check with my "planner" (wife) I think where is someplace we have to go around the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
I'm sure I will make it and Brant is in too. This is the motivation I needed to finish some projects and clean up the Elky. It has been neglected for a long time.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just got my Elco up and running again last night. So long as it stays that way till then, I'm in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Can anyone post some pictures of past events
R/T

·
4,686 Posts
Directions are take I 95 to Northlake Blvd then go East on Northlake Blvd , you will see a Publix on your right , that is where we meet up around 830-900 am , then we convoy East to US 1 & head North to the first red light & turn left at Anchorage road or Blvd & go West to park , if you find Publix you can just follow us in , I usually just pay $20 at gate & get a free T-Shirt ( I have 8 different ones now ) We went there Jan 2020 , that was last show we attended . Northlake Blvd is just a short drive South of Jupiter ( Indiantown road ) I don't know where you live but you can do a map quest or GPS .We usually leave Melbourne around 7 am & drive down about one & a half hours or 100 miles & leave around 4 or 430 to drive home before dark , you might want to get a hotel nearby . If the weather is good & our health is also we will try to make it , we usually get about 12 Elkys at the show because we have a lot of members in that area .
This is looking good . I will see if I can reschedule the work on the house in order to attend . To preregister , click on the link that Chris Nelson provided and at the bottom of the home page , click on the link for the the registration form .

·
4,686 Posts
I was able to reschedule some work and I plan on attending the Hot Cars Show on Jan. 30 , 2021 . This is a totally outdoor event . Who else is interested ?

Reactions: Chris Nelson

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We are planning on attending , how many C Chip Cookies do we need to bring ? So we got Lenny , Chuck ,(the twins) ,Brant ,Whip, Neil ?, us , who else ? Add Squag27 & Mrs Squag & R/T & Ona . How about Scott , Glenn , others ? Add Lumpy 309 .

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Mary and you coming I'm debating about going I have had two lung blood clots times two heart stents and do not want to bring anything home to my nurse (Wife). she is just staying home as much as possible. Bob ElkyBuick
If you come don't forget the Banana Bread !

·
Registered
449 Posts
We are planning on attending , how many C Chip Cookies do we need to bring ? So we got Lenny , Chuck ,(the twins) ,Whip, Neil , us , who else ?
I'm still planning on coming, hoping to drag my fiancée out of the house along with me too being that this show is out in the open.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Count my wife "Ona" and I in.
We will have to make it a day trip so can't stay late.
I see talk of banana bread and cookies, what can we bring?

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
How long has it been since you had the opportunity to enjoy the fellowship of El Camino friends?
Now, you have two, Palm Beach on January 30th and Bok Tower on February 27th
DON'T MISS OUT ON THE FUN.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there. I (Paul, aka Lumpy309, 85 choo-choo) have been out of touch. Getting back to living again. I am planning to be at the meeting point at Publix on Northlake Blvd and travel with the caravan to the "Hot Car Show" at Anchorage Park. Please sound your horns if you see me on the side of I-95 northbound from Coral Springs on Saturday morning. LOL

·
Registered
399 Posts
Lumpy, glad you came back. Will look for you there. Your truck looks similar to mine.

·
Site Contributor Supporting Member
2,532 Posts
I was in contact with Mignon and Glenn is registered, Glenn isn't big on answering text messages 😁
I haven't been on here in quite a while and way behind on what has been going on.
Are we going to meet at the Publix like we usually do, and if so what time?
I have been driving my Elky every day and it is far from show ready, but I will work on it if I get a chance. Can't wait to see everybody.Twisted Scott can't make it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts