El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So......I got the 85 cabby, and the 81 elky. Now its time for a 71 to join them, gonna go pick it up tomorrow for 1500 bucks. these pictures were taken years ago when I didn't have the 2 grand the guy wanted. ummm.......I dunno, might have the engine rebuilt blah blah blah , might end up trying to sell the engine on here I dunno once its cleaned up a bit and in my yard lookin sexy ill post some more pics for you dudes.:secret:

CANT WAIT TILL THIS BAD BOY IS IN MY BACK YARD!!!!:nanawrench:
FOR MORE OF THIS 1971, GO HERE > https://imageshack.com/user/yella85caballero

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, an El Camino with a six cylinder !!! Are you sure that is a 71 ???? I thought 71 had dual headlights.You have a lot of work ahead of you.
Good Luck

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,093 Posts
Wow, an El Camino with a six cylinder !!! Are you sure that is a 71 ???? I thought 71 had dual headlights.You have a lot of work ahead of you.
Good Luck
Nope, '70 is dual, and '71-'72 are single!

But yea, a 6 cylinder? WOW....just saw and ad for a '68 in the mid-West with a 6 in it too! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So.......if anyones interested.........from 1:00 to 6:00 pm I spent time pumping up tires on the 71 elky as well as all the cars in the way of the elky........as well as taking a trip to napa to get a new clean filter for this guys wrecker (to get it crunk) and actually move everything out of the way and pull the elky to his front yard through a twisted path(super fun), today we made it half way before the front left tire on his wrecker went flat, so im going tomorrow morning to drop the 15 hund-erd and tow it home, holy cannoli you guys, ive got a good bit of pictures to put up tomorrow afternoon of the other old cars hes got and some other stuff. this guy has like 2 303 engines sitting in an old prison bus next to 2 454s, hes trying to get rid of it all now that hes getting older. he told me he used to own 17 chargers at one time.... or maybe it was challengers....either way WOAH!:eek3: sooooo.........cyall tomorrow

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, cool, cool!!:nanawrench:
Post the pics when you can!!
Donny
Awesome find! Good luck with the build.
1971's are my all-time favorite year.
Fun...
Looks like a 2 year Body Off to me...Love that Garage Time!
Nope, '70 is dual, and '71-'72 are single!

But yea, a 6 cylinder? WOW....just saw and ad for a '68 in the mid-West with a 6 in it too! :)
Good Luck
WOAHHHH MULTI QUOTE CATSTROPHEEEEEE!!!!!!!:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench:

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Before I could get all the words out of my mouth, the current owner finished saying for me that 6 cylinders were more rare, haha he really knows his stuff.
glad too see the love for seventy ones!!!! definitely a two year project... at least two thankyou alllllllll so much, have a good nighththththththththththth!!!!:bigups:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cannolis

well, still waiting to pay and have it towed but at least its finally in the guys front yard, holy cannoli I should ask for a price cut after all that work.:let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check these out!!!

Got the sweet sweet 71 elky at my house, and even though me and my dad are brainstorming/planning everything were going to do with it and I would like to go on reading through the forums right now, I've sadly got to study tonight:(

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,577 Posts
Holy Mopar purgatory! That guy has quite a collection of yard art. Anyhow, glad you're going to save the Elky. And a straight sixer, too...wow! :nanawrench:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wiggity wiggity wack

Alrighty, hope you guys had fun lookin at the pictures, theres more on that imageshack link at the top, (i wish i wouldve used my Photobucket account cuz these will all go away after a month i think) anyways, between work and school and trying to find the time for sleep, its going to be impossible for me to have anytime with this ride, i got off work today came home removed the rear glass and had to tarp it over and leave cause SOUTH GEORGIA GOT SOME SERIOUS RAIN TODAY HOLY CANNOLI, ill do a restoration thread here eventually, hopefully it will bring a little entertainment into your lives when i get around to it, see you all soon:secret:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts