El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Me again

to start off i have an 87 GMC cabilero with a mildly built 350, with a 700 r4 trans a stock rear end, and a full moog suspension upgrade.

I'm seasriously consitering swaping over from 26 spline axles to 28s simply for the reason that a 26 spline posi is one hard to find 2 waeker and 3 there are hundreds of 28 spline ones out there and like nexto nothing for 26 spline aplications. i just need to know a couple things. first off what can i get 28 spline axles out of that my local salvage yard will most likely have.

Next i need to know are the 28 spline axles that you find in an s10 from the pre 90s the same as the 28 splines for the g bodys.

also i found a set of axles that are 28.5" long. will they work or will i have to have them shortened to the 28.437" that my cabilero has stock.

next i need to know if the 8.5 in ring gear 28 spline axles are the same as the 7.625 in 28 spline axles or are they differant.

and finally if i switch to the 28 spline axles can i use my 7.5 in axle housing or do i need to modify that as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh forgot to mension i'm upgraiding to a 7.625 in ring gear if it matters

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yes you can use the gn axles in the elco with the 28 spline carrier.the 28.5 axles should be fine that small a differance isnt anything to worry about

1 - 3 of 3 Posts