El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?
I have a question I have not seen in the forum history. I would like to swap my 79 Caballero Diablo grill, header panel, lights, and bumper to a Buick Regal or Grand National nose. Would it bolt up without changing fenders / hood? How about an Olds Cutlass? I gather the Monte carlo would not fit easily from history here. I saw the pic of the Grand National front on, I believe, a newer Elky, it was awesome!

Thanks
Zuwm

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Check this thread. Front ends This was discussed a while back. Many will bolt right up. I think the thread has pictures of the front ends you asked about.

rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go measure the thickness of the header panels on most BOP cars of this era. They are 2" thicker than the Chevy panel. They will bolt on but the bumper will be tucked 2" under the header panel. May not look bad. Or the bumper could simply be spaced out.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
That Elky with the Buick Grand National does look sweet, but you'll have to change the whole frontend (fenders and hood included) if you use it or a Regal also. If you try to use a Monte Carlo frontend, you'll run into problems with the bodylines, Montes' have two, Elkys' have one. Your best bet is to get the SS Monte Carlo style front fascia made special for Elkys by Honest Charleys. This is a bolt on swap with a lil modification (surgery on your front bumper). This kit runs about $1000. They also carry Camaro and Lumina frontends. I have also heard that a stock Monte Carlo frontend is a couple of inches wider, I don't know for sure if this is true, and if so maybe the other G-body frontends are also. Anyone here know for sure?

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Don't know about the other GM front-ends, but the Monte fascia is 1-3/4" wider than the stock Choo Choo Customs El Camino front fascia.
I switched from the stock Choo Choo neophyene (sp?) fascia, to a new Honest Charley fiberglass Choo Choo style fascia. It doesn't have the dips and droops common to the stock Choo Choo fascia and holds paint closer to match the Elky's other body panels. I could always tell a paint difference in the Choo Choo fascia on both the Choo Choos I've owned.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow you guys are knowledgable. Sounds like the way to go is with the honest charley's fiberglass nose, unless i could find an entire buick gn or regal clip in good shape.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why are you taking the parts off the Diablo?

I just bought a 79 Diablo and I am looking for trim items. Are you removing parts from the Diablo because it is off the road? Are you looking to sell any parts? and Does it have a good Devil hood logo? I am looking to find an original logo to copy for a new Diablo Hood Sticker.

Thx,
Diablo :evil: Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts