El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago my daughter Lyndsay lost her baby at home. Sue was with her when it happen. When Sue reached in the porcelain altar she did not expect to retrieve a hole baby. I took her and I carried the baby to Grant hospital to make sure everything was ok with her. She was 13 weeks along. The baby was about 6 inches long and weighed 0.84 LB'S. It had all 10 toes & fingers tiny little nose & ears. To early in trimester to tell if the baby was a girl or boy. Her O.B.Doctor was on her way home when she seen Lyndsay & I come in, stopped and took over, taking care of the situation. The hospital took foot & hand prints and put them in a book made of old wedding dresses with a heart in side made of baby blankets. We were able to bring Baby Smals home last Tuesday the 18th from the funeral home. The Hospital had the funeral home do a cremation at no charge to Lyndasy. Lyndsay was told by her Doctor there was nothing she did wrong and she could have never been able to stop it. She reminded her she had been to all her appointments and was doing everything right. Lyndsay is doing fine how ever Grand-ma is a wreck.
Don :littleangel:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
We are sorry for your loss . We had a similar loss 3 years ago . Our daughter Jennifer had to have an emergency C-section 6 weeks before her due date . Her liver was bleeding & they had to take the baby girl to save her life . The baby was born alive but with multiple birth defects . The baby passed away during surgery 11 days after she was born . Our family had a difficult time . But about 2 years ago Jennifer gave birth to a healthy baby girl , Savanna is now 26 months old & is very healthy , Jennifer is still recovering from her 1st & 2nd C sections . Even if the baby had been full term she would not have survived . Thoughts & prayers go out to your family from ours .

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Prayers to you and your family. I'm one of 9 children and my Mom lost 5 and wanted everyone of them. GOD bless you and your family.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
As you know Don.. watching your kids suffer and hurt is much more devestating than when it happens to you. Grandkids make it that much worse. My wife and i lost out first baby at 13 weeks.. it just wasn't meant to be. We pushed on and had 3 wonderful healthy kids. Our oldest daughter lost her 2nd baby after 13 wks and then had 2 more healthy kids. My wife took losing a gbaby much worse than one of our own. Grandkids are so special and when your kids hurt.. well.. thats just tough. Love granny thru it.. lots of hugs and let her greive in her own way. Take all the prayers you can get too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts