El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen the system that mounts on to the back wall just underneath the rear window? Looks pretty cool I think, although a storebought one can be pretty pricey

·
El Camino Central Founder/Co-Founder N.E.C.O.A.
4,386 Posts
Carpeted panelboard

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here is a link to a post Lindsay posted aobut the below shelf speakers.

http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=35978

I bought a set for my EL Camino project, but I'm probably a couple weeks away from getting them installed.

I have bench tested them though and they sound pretty good to me. As Lindsay indicated in his post it's not a real high end system but it does allow acces to the spare and floor and does look better than a lot of other options

·
Supporting Member
4,713 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
back wall speaker system

That looks like it will fit a fifth gen, but not 59-87, unless they have others not pictured. I made my own but it only will work on a third.
I bought this for my daughter's el camino. Has anyone installed it? It looks like I may have to weld or drill into the bed, not something I am willing to do. So I have to find another way or see if I can work something else out with this system.

Its an 87.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I built this one for my 67, of course this is just a test fitting here in the picture but I have hooked them up and like the sound.
The panel is 1/8" hardboard covered with that cheesy speaker box material, total = less than $20.00 with a lot of leftover material for another project

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Nicely done Emptytank! It looks very well fitted and should blast out Justin Bieber just fine. :poke:
I am not sure however if Acauth1 has The Club to lock the wheel or to whomp would be thieves...
Craig

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Hello "canted", you mention that the Eckler unit will not fit a 3rd gen elky. I have a 72 and am in the process of rebuilding. , all interior is out of it at this time and so would be a perfect time to install a speaker system like the Eckler. Is the no fit problem a space consideration or something else. I like the price and looks. At 62, I don't need eardrum popping sound, just a decent speaker for Geroge Jones, Rascel Flats and such.
Thanks,
Jim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.