El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandson has an 81 Caballero that is going to be crushed next Friday because the engine is blown. Is this truck worth more than a crush?:dontknow:

·
Registered
396 Posts
What kind of condition is it in? If the thing is all rusted out and the interior is all junk, then probably not. If the body is pretty much rust free or is rust free than it's probably worth more than crushing and would be better off putting another motor in it and saving it. :nanawrench: Post some pics of it if you can and some more info about it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
X2 on what Kris said. Any bad rust I wouldn't keep it. If it has a straight solid body head on down to the local junkyard pick up a smallblock and bolt everything up.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
You could get a new GM crate motor for around 1500. or sell it for a parts car. Will get more money then the crusher will give you !!

·
Registered
497 Posts
i've seen many cars meet untimely demise in the boneyards and crushers because people didn't bother asking questions. for example, a 1968 charger rusting away that appeared to have blown a head gasket. i'd check the frame and body. if those look decent, you may be further ahead posting it on craigslist. i'm sure there are people in your area that would kill to get their hands on an 81 cabalerro and would pay at least $1000 for it. i know i would if i wasn't so far away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts