El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Lots of msg traffic regarding the Belton show & shootout but I have not seen anything in any of the threads about parts swapping. I have a set of buckets, 15X8 rallys & a bunch of odds & ends I need to get rid of. Is anyone else bringing their parts or is that not an option this year & I just missed it?

Thanks, Fred

Yes, the Swap Meet for Belton II is alive and well...............rushgator

Notice:

Just as we did last year, we will make an exception to the rule Fixitman1 is concerned about. Roy is correct that the place to talk about items for swap or trade is it a Forum for that purpose. However, when an event includes a swap meet, an exception is called for and will be made. So, go ahead and list what you want to, or will, bring to the Belton Swap Meet. This exception applies only to Belton at this time, and when the Belton Swap Meet event is over, the Forum rules will again apply.

I would ask that, if you are interested is a peice someone has described, please PM or eMail them rather than bartering on the open Forum....................Ken

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Yes, same as last year. Bring your goodies to sell, trade, whatever.:texas:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Hey, Fred, I got a set of buckets, also. Each holds about two gallons of fluids. Wanna swap?? :poke: I just might be looking over some of the things you're bringing. :You_Rock:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
I guess I should have said a little more about the swap meet part of Belton over the preceding months. For that oversight, I apologize.

So, here's the official word on the swap meet: Members and participants are encouraged to bring El Camino related items to sell and/or trade (same as we did in '11). If the items you bring can fit in the bed of your Elky, you are free to set them up in your bed inside the show area. However, if you bring large items, or more items than can easily fit in your Elky, such as things that you had to bring a trailer for, you will need to display those items for sale separately from the show area. (we had at least one member last year who brought a trailer full of goodies, which he set up outside the show area). The reason is that we do not want to clutter up the show area with too many loose items, both for personal safety, and the safety of your Elky, and the Elkys of those around you. Parts and accessories you want to bring to help your fellow Elky owners are welcome. We just ask that you limit those items to things that can be used to restore or customize an Elky, automobilia of interest, and tools. If anyone has any questions, please PM me. Thanks! :texas:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got a ton of 1971 parts, most of which will work for years 68-72. I know the 3rd Gen's aren't as prevalent around here, so I'm hesitant to haul it all the way to Belton if I'm gonna have to haul it back home.

Does anyone have need for any of the following? Pictures of most the items can be viewed in this album. I'll try to add pictures of the missing stuff tonight.

- Front & Rear Bumpers
- Original Push-Button Radio
- Aftermarket Radio to fit in existing dash (AM/FM, Tape Deck & Aux Input)
- Front Grill (Silver) and Chrome Assembly
- (Qty 2) 15" Chrome Rally Wheels (Different widths)
- (Qty 2) 15" Painted Wheels (1 Rally)
- 11.5" Day/Night Rear View Mirror
- Small Window Cranks (for smoker/vent window)
- Black Interior Door Panels
- Smoker/Vent Window Assemblies (Including Chrome & Glass)
- Side Windows (have been slightly etched by careless sand blaster)
- SS Hood w/o Cowl Induction (been stripped and primed, needs some bondo work)
- I'm sure there's more, but I can't recall right now.

Like I said, there's a ton of stuff, so I'd rather not bring it all if no one is interested. Anybody need anything like that??

Thanks!

-Steffen

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Steffen,

What condition is the rear view mirror in? If it's fairly free from scratches or dark blotches, I would be interested.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, Fred, I got a set of buckets, also. Each holds about two gallons of fluids. Wanna swap?? :poke: I just might be looking over some of the things you're bringing. :You_Rock:
Depends on whats in your buckets, Bruce. :beer:

Your're more than welcome to look. Like Steffan, most of my stuff is 3rd Gen but all of it is nice and some of it is brand new in the box (68-72 rear view mirror, 3 spoke steering wheel, 72 grill). Like Steffan, I just dont want drag it all up to Belton only to drag it home again :frown2:.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Steffen,

I see that your mirror has the same dark blotches as mine (even in about the same places), so I guess it will not be of any help to me. Thanks for posting the pics, though. Definitely saves you having to haul it to Belton.

Fred,

If you have a mirror that's clear, bring it. Thanks!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Mirror

Steffen,

I see that your mirror has the same dark blotches as mine (even in about the same places), so I guess it will not be of any help to me. Thanks for posting the pics, though. Definitely saves you having to haul it to Belton.

Fred,

If you have a mirror that's clear, bring it. Thanks!
Glenn,
Mine is still new in the box, still has the translucent protective materiel on the back to prevent scratches (if you keep hauling them to enough swap meets, they eventually do get scratched). It will be in my box of odds & ends.
See you there.
Fred

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I have a set of BF Goodrich TA 235-60-15
They are old (2001) but only have about 3000 miles on them and they have been kept
inside since they were new.

If there may be some interest, I could bring those up.

·
0 Posts
I have a set of BF Goodrich TA 235-60-15
They are old (2001) but only have about 3000 miles on them and they have been kept
inside since they were new.

If there may be some interest, I could bring those up.
How much?

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I don't want to be a kill-joy, but there should be a post so that people can list what they wanna bring to sell. This won't affect me, 'cause I ain't bringin' nuttin' to sell, not even myself!!!!:nanawrench:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts