El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay everyone, I know this is REALLY early, but we got to thinking about how so many folks headed straight home Saturday night. We live only 30 minutes from Belton. We really didn't need to spend the money to stay over in the Motel--although it was fun.
We could accommodate about 20 Elky's--with their owners and co-pilots at our place next year. We'll rent a portajohn--I know our septic couldn't handle that many people using the facilities, and if anyone wants to call it a night here, bring your own tents or sleeping bags, and coolers, and if anyone wants to camp out here, we'd love to have you.
We can all sit around the firepit and talk about the day, and wind down, and you can get rested up before heading home. So if anyone would like to do this, just let us know!
It's not the Hilton, but it's free, so it doesn't get much better than that. :poke:
We're only 6 miles from I-35, and in a very safe area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
While driving home to abilene after belton and a little drag racing, I thought about pulling over and "camping" a couple of times. It is a very nice offer and would be a great option to have available.
Thanks, Mike

·
Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
923 Posts
That is all another degree of fun and adds another chapter to the Belton event.

On one of my truck forums before there ended up being a fight caused by a Mod that drew battle lines and separated the group as a whole, there was a get together being planned for a 2 day Meet and campout at my dads 160 acres of land in rural OK 1 mile off I-40 so that many could show up on Labor Day weekend where the weather wouldn't be to hot and not to cold. We were going to rent 2 portalets because of the number of people planning to attend. For those who don't know, 160 acres is 1/2 mile by 1/2 mile. Plenty of room. His land is about 20 acres of stocked ponds, and all chopped up with hills, creeks, wooded areas and pastures. Would have been a great event for trucks, especially the 4x4's. Never know, there is a nice flat pasture right off the main roadway too that many Elkys could park. I may have to talk to pops and see if he's be interested in clearing that pasture for an OK Elky event. We used to camp out there about every other weekend during spring and summer and at least once a month in the Fall until I got divorced and broke up our family unit. Plenty of trails to ride ATV's too if anyone would be interested. Also a couple John boats and a pedal boat out there. One of these days maybe....

Great Offer and Idea Terry, I think it would be a hit to close out the event for those who are dedicated. It would also promote some more stories to be told on the forum about the event.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's a year away, but we want to put the offer out there so everyone knows and when it comes to actually planning next year's Belton trip, there will be this option.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sure would be different, but if we can change the date of Belton, to a "cooler" time of year, it would be doable. If the night temps were 50's or 60's then yes we would highly consider the offer. But being late May and summer already, kinda doubtful.

·
923 Posts
Is it in the REAL country? Where you can really see the stars?
Donny
If not, a good swing over the top of the head with a baseball bat will take care of that for you buddy. You'll see all the stars you want. :beer:

I know what you mean though. Out at my dads, it's awesome. Not a light in sight and all you get is moon and starlight. It's pretty spectacular. It's really cool with a full moon. The moon puts off a lot more light than most will realize.

·
923 Posts
Sure would be different, but if we can change the date of Belton, to a "cooler" time of year, it would be doable. If the night temps were 50's or 60's then yes we would highly consider the offer. But being late May and summer already, kinda doubtful.
Is it really already that hot in May down there?

In Central OK, night time temps are extremely tolerable in May. It's mid June, July and August that are u bareable here but a Memorial weekend or Labor Day weekend nighttime outdoor event would be doable.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
nice idea. Also if this gathering gets much bigger we'll need a bigger park ! :texas:
That's a problem I'm looking forward to having...and we darn near did it this year.:nanawrench:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts