El Camino Central Forum banner

Should Belton III be a two day event, or a one day event?

• One day

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Two day

Votes: 23 62.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,749 Posts
Ken said he booked the park for May 11 and 12. I didn't see any post since then that said it was changed. Also, the Poll run in August voted for two days.

Two days for the park and one day for the track?:cool4:

· Banned
5,787 Posts
ok we really need to clarify these dates,,it could make a big impact on the days events,,,
could somebody please get ahold of rushgator,,i lost his number,,thanks....

· Banned
5,787 Posts
belton

Ken said he booked the park for May 11 and 12. I didn't see any post since then that said it was changed. Also, the Poll run in August voted for two days.

Two days for the park and one day for the track?:cool4:
Les i am working on the details now,,,i am hoping to make a formal announcement regarding this asap:secret::dontknow::texas:

· Ministry of Broke Things
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes, the poll voted for a two day. But that depends on one big thing. Track availability. The show portion will be at the same place on May 11. To do a two day, the track would have to be available on the 12th. If that's not possible, then we will remain a one day event as we have been for this year. Since we do not yet have the money to rent the track, we are really at their mercy. Last I heard, track rental is at least $2,500.

So, DDD, are we locked in for May 11 at the track?

6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Since we do not yet have the money to rent the track, we are really at their mercy.
We're not renting the track, unless someone wants to make a large donation/sponsorship. See above. The reason we are at their mercy is exactly as you said...we just come on a regular test and tune night. However, if someone else rents the track, then we are up the creek, which is why Belton 2 had to be resheduled.

· Premium Member
7,028 Posts
Dates............Belton

The Park is ours for Saturday, May 11th. I have NEVER had May 12th reserved, as there was no 2-day decision made! Any announcements about activities at Belton will be made by me, Rush, or Donny. There are no others authorized to make announcements about Belton. Woody, I told you to get with Donny if you wanted to find out about the Belton Race plans. That is Donny's Race - period! Any plans for a grudge race goes thru Donny - period! Donny will then bring anything that needs to be discussed to Rush and, in some instances, me....................................Thought we needed a bit of clarification. ............................Ken

· Premium Member
1,324 Posts
"The Park is ours for Saturday, May 11th. I have NEVER had May 12th reserved, as there was no 2-day decision made! "

Hmmm, then what was the purpose of the one day-two day voting at the top of this page????? I'm relatively new to this, as '12 was my (our) first encounter. I'm not even remotely interested in racing my vehicle, but I have absolutely no problem with those who do. MY isterests lie in meeting other Elky owners and finding out what they've done to theirs, if that improves, and on and on. I'm a peoples' person, not a racing enthuasiast. As the old saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." Those who have a distance to travel still have a two-day venture, as they will, almost certainly, have to spend Friday night and Saturday night before returning home. OR, maybe I'm just an old foggie who is too much set in his ways to want to bend to something that doesn't seem reasonable. AND, ya ain't got da years on me either!!!:twisted:

· Banned
5,787 Posts
Hey there bruce throttle back son,,,,you aiont the only one confused,,,ask around,,ive been that way along time,,,like you said different strokes,,which is what I do best,,,,:twisted::beer::dontknow::texas:

· Premium Member
7,028 Posts
Polls are for Data Collection..........

Bruce, the poll was set up to collect the will of the membership as to whether they would support a 2 day Belton event. However, only 39 members voted - a small percentage of the members who will attend Belton III, so the poll is of limited value in planning for the upcoming year. We really need better representation from those who attend, and not base a decision on such a small number. We will be polling the attendees at Belton III, I expect.

The Belton Committee has never attempted to come to a consensus about a 2-day or 1-day meeting and show. I have a second day verbally spoken for, but no reservation has been made because the day has never been committed to, and the racing facility has never been a done deal for the 2nd day. I'm sure that now that the Holidays are over with, Rush will get the Committee together and come to a decision about Belton III. Everyone needs to take a step backwards and realize that Belton takes a lot of advance planning, and that the details cannot be based upon kneejerk reactions to the whims of the few. Details of Belton III WILL be forthcoming, but will be based upon solid information and well-planned...........................Ken :dontknow:

"The Park is ours for Saturday, May 11th. I have NEVER had May 12th reserved, as there was no 2-day decision made! "

Hmmm, then what was the purpose of the one day-two day voting at the top of this page????? I'm relatively new to this, as '12 was my (our) first encounter. I'm not even remotely interested in racing my vehicle, but I have absolutely no problem with those who do. MY isterests lie in meeting other Elky owners and finding out what they've done to theirs, if that improves, and on and on. I'm a peoples' person, not a racing enthuasiast. As the old saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." Those who have a distance to travel still have a two-day venture, as they will, almost certainly, have to spend Friday night and Saturday night before returning home. OR, maybe I'm just an old foggie who is too much set in his ways to want to bend to something that doesn't seem reasonable. AND, ya ain't got da years on me either!!!:twisted:

· Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Ken, my comments were NOT based on knee-jerk reactions. "The whims of a few", now does this mean that since I don't necessarily fit in with the majority of the "racing crew", I'm now a whim??? These are things I've talked about since II. My part of Belton will be only the "Park/show" part. I want to look at the Elkys and talk to the owners to find out what works for them (for me, 5th gen) that might help me. Now, if this is more about the racing than the showing of the vehicles, maybe I would be out of place in attending. I may be a minority, but last time I heard, they also get a vote.

· Premium Member
7,028 Posts
My Apoligies............

Very poor choice of words on my part! Very! Please accept my apology, Beepster, although that was not directed at you, I did not phrase my statement properly, and it may have offended others. No slight to anyone was intended. What I meant is that we need more information from more of the 104 plus members who make up the attendees. Only 25 of 104 members voted for a 2-day event while 19 voted for 1 day, and that's not enough to make a commitment that a 2-day event could be successful. As a percentage of 104, that's 24 percent for a 2-day event and 18 percent not in favor of a 2-day event. That's what I would call a knee-jerk decision - basing a decision of this magnitude on what little data we have. There may have been a majority who voted in favor, but I really don't believe it would be smart to consider those numbers representative of the attendees. And, I consider you just as important as any member who may consider coming. I'm not a racer either, although I would like to take her through the traps one time just for my own gratification - as much as I have invested, she should be fast! So, I'm eating crow while dreaming of how fast my Elky should go!..............................Ken :dontknow:

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Hmmm. You got an almost 40% participation (assuming everyone who was at Belton II voted) in you poll, which anyone who deals with these things would say is a fantastic participation. They would also tell you that if the other 65 voted, it would probably come down to the same percentage split. Where would you draw the line at "enough participation" to be conclusive? I can appreciated the work involved. Our local club hosted our national club's Nationals back in 2002, and that was a bunch of work.

Just a suggestion, but you might check with a local hotel that has good parking and discuss with them being the host hotel, with the show in their parking lot (and thus gaining some freedom from the strictures imposed by the park).

· Premium Member
12,603 Posts
The race and the show are 2 seperate things. Lots more people go to the show (or meet & greet) than to the races. They are both very special events. Something that you won't soon forget.
The show gives you a chance to talk and check out everybodies ride.
The thing about the race track is even if you don't race I assure you you'll have a great time just watching. I didn't see anybody not go back to the track that went there the first time and a few addicts were born!!!!
Racing may not be everybodies thing but having fun is and thats what the race track is for, fun!!
Put them 2 together and it's a very special time!!!
Gotta love it!!:nanawrench:
Donny

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Test-n-Tune

If the track is open, I'll be there for test-n-tune Friday! :secret::texas::beer:

6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Here's what I said many months ago in this very thread.

This poll is just to gauge the interest in a two day event. Even if the overwhelming majority wants a two day event, if the volunteers and the money are not available to make it a quality two day event, we will NOT do a 2 day. I'm sure we can all agree that we do not want to sacrifice quality for quantity.

I'm glad that there are several that support a two day event. However, that may not be a possibility this year. Even if we do a two day event, we would only need the park for one day, as already planned, as we would be spending the second day entirely at the track. So reserving the park for more than one day is unecessary no matter how we do it.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.