El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the recent events with COVID-19, Bell County, which includes Belton, has moved to Stage 2 state of emergency. This includes all their Stage 1 guidelines and additional guidelines:

View attachment 128194

We will reschedule Belton X to later in the year, possibly in October.

Hate to cancel it altogether since it is our 10th Anniversary.

Victoria (MrsWilson)

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: Please call River Forrest Inn and cancel your room reservations.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Can't see the attachment but hopefully I'll see something when the re-scheduled event is close.

Joe

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I've already heard a lot of big events across the country are getting re-scheduled to October. You may want to keep an eye open for any other major automotive event that gets re-scheduled to October and conflicts with Belton X

·
Registered
391 Posts
Probably a good decision in light of the facts.
The weather is usually good in late October and those wo attend Cruising the Coast should have recovered by then.

For me personally, the delay is welcome as the build on my '72 keeps hitting more snags. Although I still have not found any major rust, but I have discovered some really shoddy body work from previous repairs and will end up replacing the left front fender along with the headlight fender extension. Also looking at some major wiring issues from old shade tree work arounds--was fortunate that this thing did not burn down on me during the drive from Phoenix to Corpus.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,530 Posts
In light of the recent events with COVID-19, Bell County, which includes Belton, has moved to Stage 2 state of emergency. This includes all their Stage 1 guidelines and additional guidelines:

View attachment 128194

We will reschedule Belton X to later in the year, possibly in October.

Hate to cancel it altogether since it is our 10th Anniversary.

Victoria (MrsWilson)
Sorry to read that Belton had to be postponed till October but is understandable . I always enjoy reading the posts and seeing the photos of the event . Thanks MrsWilson for the time , effort and energy you provide for our members . Hope the rescheduled event will be the best ever .

·
Registered
559 Posts
Gives me extra time to get the hammer ? motor ready for little river. I’ll be there with a fresh set of slicks and a little sneaky Pete kinda like last time.. or was it ..?
Are we betting track burgers on races? Because I do like Little River’s burgers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
We will hopefully have the new motor in by then but even if we don’t we are down for some bracket racing. Dial in not heads up 🏁😎
I haven’t bracket raced in a while, but I’m down for any kind of racing. I would still rather you get your new engine in though. I think it would be more fun for all of us.

·
Registered
225 Posts
...until he blows our doors off.....
I doubt that would happen. We don’t have cubic money. We are not into heads up racing. But a good dial in bracket race evens the field. Maybe or maybe not on the new motor...we are saving up for a new crankshaft. We have the spare block..new heads.. new cam and intake...we shall see🏁😎🤔

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Maybe or maybe not on the new motor...we are saving up for a new crankshaft. We have the spare block..new heads.. new cam and intake...we shall see🏁😎🤔
you know what that sounds like?

The Flying Purple People Eater from the Hollywood Knights!

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
It wasn't a movie. They would visit you late at night. Then take you to the purple and pink mother ship and the one named Colon would check you for polyps with their probes. My bigger brother was taken twice, right after the Sputnik launch. He always made it back home. He told me I was "next".

If you haven't been to the spaceship and you are over 50, you are overdue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts