El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juggypile just hooked me up with some nice bucket seats, but unfortunately they are a nice burgundy where my 87's interior is dark blue. Eventually I am going to recover them in leather and do a two tone layout, but for now I just want to dye them. From looking at the seats on the bottom, you can tell they were dyed burgundy (ironically enough, the original color seems pretty close to my factory color).

What is the best product to use for the seats (they are vinyl) and what is the best product to dye the plastic trim on the sides?

And lastly, best place to buy it! :)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
769 Posts
X2 on SEM Make sure you follow the directions Matt. Eastwood also carries SEM. Members get a discount. Code is Camino.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered some SEM Blue Mist (exact color I needed!) online. I couldnt find any in a store, and the only duplicolor I found was not a close enough match.

I had found some that I thought was a close match a couple days ago...well, it ended up drying brighter, so I now have a passenger bucket that is a slightly brighter blue and the drivers is still brugundy, lol.

I'll learn patience one of these days! :dontknow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts