• 7/11

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone here uses different gas and even different octanes.
There's places like Chevron,Texaco,Exxon,Shell,Racetrac,Quicktrip,7/11,Valero(BP),Fina,Sunoco, but whats the best and whats the big hoopla about 91 octane?

I use 91 but recently downgraded to 89 octane,but what do you guys use in your daily driver/high performance rides?

·
Registered
257 Posts
its not on ur list but i use holiday 89 or 91 depend's how hi the price is.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I use 93 Shell in my mowers and such and 93 Exxon in all of my cars. I have instructed my family to NEVER use Citgo because of Hugo Chavez, the commie Pres of Venezuela. If everyone stopped using them he'd have to pull out of the U.S. :texas:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I live next to the largest chevron refinery in the usa and worked there for 8 years. All the gas stations except the Bp use chevron gas within a75 mile radius

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Most of the time i use shell gas and my better half works for bp but fills up at koger. in my camino i did use 93 mixed with 116 chaning to a milder motor now

·
Registered
769 Posts
I use 93 Shell in my mowers and such and 93 Exxon in all of my cars. I have instructed my family to NEVER use Citgo because of Hugo Chavez, the commie Pres of Venezuela. If everyone stopped using them he'd have to pull out of the U.S. :texas:
In and around Chicago the Citgo stations are disappearing. They are being taken over by BP and Marathon. Could it be the boycott and awarness on the internet has something to do with it. I'm guessing yes. :usa:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
In and around Chicago the Citgo stations are disappearing. They are being taken over by BP and Marathon. Could it be the boycott and awarness on the internet has something to do with it. I'm guessing yes. :usa:
It would be great for capitalism and liberty to overtake his regime before cancer gets him. That would be a good going away gift for him. So, there are some right minded folks in Chicago afterall.. whooda thunkit?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ditto on the Citgo / 7-11 gas I'd rather run out and walk than buy fuel there.......Good one Jarhead:You_Rock:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ha funny story we have a store called "GAS N SAVE " that doesn't even sell fuel. Guess your saving cause tour not buying :yell::smileyb:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most of the time i use shell gas and my better half works for bp but fills up at koger. in my camino i did use 93 mixed with 116 chaning to a milder motor now
Mine is mild but I wanted to know which gas burns slower(better mpg's) but what are the advantages in mixing with race fuel?

·
Registered
121 Posts
IT'S THE SAME GAS THAT RUNS IN THE PIPLINES TO THE WHOLE PLACE. REFINED TO THE SAME SPEC, LOCAL CODES FOR ADDITIVES, WORKED FOR THE OIL CO FOR YEARS !!!!:poke:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've been running 93 octane in the 383 stroker....
Seems to like it.....lots of it !!!

Arnie in Iowa

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
You may not like my answer but I sell a lot of material to the refineries here in Wilmington CA. It's all regulated and a lot of the different stations trucks pull out of the same refinery. Octane is what it is.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It would be great for capitalism and liberty to overtake his regime before cancer gets him. That would be a good going away gift for him. So, there are some right minded folks in Chicago afterall.. whooda thunkit?
There are more right minded people in the area than you would think. Mostly a little older and wiser. :usa:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You left out Murphy Oil.

By the way, in most markets, the odds are good all the stations in your area are supplied by one supplier.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I won't buy Citgo for the reasons Jarhead stated. As a former ESSO service station dealer(1960's) I am partial to Exxon. Many people are unaware that many of these companies share certain refinery operations and resources. They often buy and borrow from the competition when certain conditions require it.
If you want the good stuff find a Sunoco race fuel outlet or buy VP racing fuel. Very costly.Very good! My former racing partner runs a fully worked out 468 BB in a tube chassis 73 Vette race car in the street just for kicks and shows. The car ran 8.80's.He pays $12 bucks a gallon for VP. Insane, but a lot of fun. Here in florida it is easy to register such a car. Fastest car I ever rode in.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts