El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good recommendations on where a good place is to sell an El Camino? I tried posting on this site although it looks like I’m too new to post a “for sale” ad. A lot of people say Facebook marketplace although I don’t have any social media platforms to use.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Does anyone have any good recommendations on where a good place is to sell an El Camino? I tried posting on this site although it looks like I’m too new to post a “for sale” ad. A lot of people say Facebook marketplace although I don’t have any social media platforms to use.
depends on condition. is it a trailer queen or a daily driver?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Accord to AutoTempest, there are currently 33 listed on E-bay, 16 on Cars.com, and 26 on the Hemmings site. There are also another 12-18 listed nationwide on Craigslist.

Some of these may be multiple listings for the same car, but no site stands out as the preferred option.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Accord to AutoTempest, there are currently 33 listed on E-bay, 16 on Cars.com, and 26 on the Hemmings site. There are also another 12-18 listed nationwide on Craigslist.

Some of these may be multiple listings for the same car, but no site stands out as the preferred option.
Thanks for the info cause I'm thinking of selling my '64. 👍

·
Registered
1981 400 4-Speed
193 Posts
Hemmings is a great place to sell an antique car, but it's widely considered (by every person I have ever met) to be a place to greatly overvalue a car, and get numerous lowball bids. But people who buy and sell old cars DO use Hemmings.
Facebook MarketPlace is great....IF you wanna list a car cheap for a quick sell.
Craigslist, if you don't mind paying a fee, and you have 6 months till someone makes a legit offer. Just be prepared for countless A$$hats hitting you up with offers to "sell it for you"......:)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Hemmings is a great place to sell an antique car, but it's widely considered (by every person I have ever met) to be a place to greatly overvalue a car, and get numerous lowball bids. But people who buy and sell old cars DO use Hemmings.
Facebook MarketPlace is great....IF you wanna list a car cheap for a quick sell.
Craigslist, if you don't mind paying a fee, and you have 6 months till someone makes a legit offer. Just be prepared for countless A$$hats hitting you up with offers to "sell it for you"......:)
which is why I was asking if it was a trailer queen or not? if so, then BaT seems to be the place to go

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I don’t know about the other options but be ready for the fools, timewasters, scams and crap if you do Craigs. You’ll get fake calls from ‘sailors at sea’ who can’t complete a call but can text or use some weird message service, you’ll get ‘still got it?’ check the VIN with thus (fee costing) service, then there’s the ‘list it on our site (for a fee), and last but not least the ‘will you take $x (a fifth of your asking) from a ghost. Also you’ll get ‘what’s your bottom price’ on the phone which really just drops your asking price. I’ve told more than a few “I’ll negotiate in person with a serious buyer who is making a real offer. Not negotiating with a voice-you haven’t seen the car and I haven’t seen your money.”
Good luck!
Patrick

·
Registered
693 Posts
You're going to get scammers, lowballers, and tire kickers pretty much on any sales site online nowadays. Even on eBay I've seen people bid on auctions, win, and then never pay because they were never really interested in buying the car in the first place. It's just something that you have to deal with when selling a car, especially a classic car. If I were to sell my Elco personally I think craigslist, FB marketplace, and eBay under a buy it now or best offer (no auction) would be the routes I'd go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sold mine on face book market 3days good luck

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I have sold a couple on cargurus, one on racingjunk, and another at a car coral at the Blue Suede Cruse . Just be prepared for scammers and low ballers. Only except cash or a check you can verify. I usually wait till the check clears before they take possession. Good luck .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts