El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do my system next week and I want to know whats the best set up I can go with? I was thinking 2 6x9s, 2 4inch dash speakers , 2 tweeters and a 10inch sub.
I have a pioneer Headunit already. What speakers would be the best clean sound?

·
Premium Member
12,601 Posts
I wanted some bass to. I think a couple of 8s or maybe one 10 would do. I have my 6x9s and my 12" in separate boxes inside the smugglers box. But I HAVE to get the dash speakers, to much from the back. I'm also going to get a couple of tweeters for the door. Then mine will be done!!
Donny

·
Registered
742 Posts
(2) 3 1/2 in dash
(2) 6x9 ..each one behind the seats built in flush boxes on the floor
(1) 8" Bazooka with built in amp

Makes a great system..

Do a search on sound systems

Arnie in Iow

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted some bass to. I think a couple of 8s or maybe one 10 would do. I have my 6x9s and my 12" in separate boxes inside the smugglers box. But I HAVE to get the dash speakers, to much from the back. I'm also going to get a couple of tweeters for the door. Then mine will be done!!
Donny
That sounds good. I see a lot of people go with the 6 1/2s in the front.

·
Premium Member
12,601 Posts
61/2 in the doors are hard to work with especally if you have power windows. I see people build boxes on the bottom of the front doors and put 3 1/2 but I like them in the dash!!!
Keep us posted!!!
Donny

·
Registered
320 Posts
i just built this wall this weekend. and very satisfied with the sound. after it was all complete, it cost me right around 40 $ for all the supplies, then took my saturday and made sure it was a clean install. now i just need carpet.

(1) Alpine Type-R 10" sub (1800 watt max)
(2) Rockford Fosgate Punch Series 6x9's
(2) JBL 3.5" in- dash

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.