1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: car?

hello iam tyler, iam 16 years old and i know iam going on a longshot by asking this question, but i was wondering if you can hold this awsome car until the end of july?, i will bust my tail over the summer and will get your money.

thankyou

tyler

Hi Tyler.
I can’t sell a car to a minor & I can’t promise to still have it but here’s what I can do. If I still have the car when you saved up the money I will sell it to you cheaper than I would anyone else because you will have shown me that your willing to work for something you want and I respect that. Also you would need to bring someone that both is old enough to buy it and knows about cars so you know it’s worth what you’d have to pay for it
Does that sound fair to you?
Donny

Yes sir that sounds more than fair, my dad will be with me, thank you so much!!! how much do i need?
thank you
tyler

Let me know when you’ve got close to what I’m asking and we’ll see how much more I’ve done to it then I can give you a figure. So get busy, make some money and get back to me.
Donny

If the boy gets out and makes money towards it I'll have to show him that hard work and determination pays off!!!!!
There’s still hope for our next generation!!!
Donny

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good call my friend!!! I gave my 16 year old my 83 Daytona 500 Trans Am and it is just sitting and he still hasn't got a job to start working on it. Guess I will have to take it back since the title is still in my name!!
suks2bu37:nanawrench:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Great job Donny! You do have a heart of gold! :inlove::You_Rock:

Its awesome to hear about people like you in todays world Donny!

·
0 Posts
Yea,Donny's pretty cool! Gotta say it's always nice to have a buddy you can call for advice and to joke around!:You_Rock:
Hopefully it's still there!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I salute you Donny, and I'm proud to call you my friend!

Doug

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Donny, you are just a big ol' softy at heart! That's so generous of you to do that for the kid! Way to go!! :You_Rock:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too find this jesture commendable! I hope the car is still there for him and that he followed through with working hard and saving for what he wants. I have found it's not a common trait in many young kids these days.

Just curious though, is a minor unable to purchase a vehicle in Texas? Can you not have a drivers license at 16? I bought my first car for $20 at 14, but couldn't drive until 16, but that was many years ago, and a different country..........

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weather they can or not I'm not sure but I wouldn't sell one to someone that young without a parents input, although most that I sell are faster than this one!!
He Emailed me back that he made ove $100.00 yesterday mowing lawns, maybe I'm in the wrong bussiness!!!!:dontknow:
Donny

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Good man Charlie Brown! You dont know how much what you said to him means! Im 16 too and can step in his shoes very easily!

Hey Donny, which one are you selling? 85' or the pinkomeano?

Brandon

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Oh Donny, mowin isnt that bad! I have made about $275 in one week! As long as he gets another job he'll be fine!

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good man Charlie Brown! You dont know how much what you said to him means! Im 16 too and can step in his shoes very easily!

Hey Donny, which one are you selling? 85' or the pinkomeano?

Brandon
Pinkomeano now belongs to a lady member on here. I hope she makes it to Belton!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Your sellin the 85':poke: i like that one! He has good taste! If i was in Texas and i had extra money i would buy it too!

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
"I can’t sell a car to a minor" Oh but you can. It just has to be a complete deal with no further payments required: CASH. I've bought cars in Tejas as a kid (under 21, at the time) and paid cash/check/MO, and had NO problem. You just cannot finance without an adult co-signing for the loan. AND, I wish this guy the best luck in the wurld!!!:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Donny,your just great ,what a inspiration to us all.. :You_Rock: Oh p.s. Donny if i don't have anything to burn the tires off of in Belton, would you please loan me your fastest Truck ! Thanks .:beer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts