El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Boys & Girls , I went to take a look see and test drive that 81 Camino Saturday , it has a re-built 454 and re-built Turbo 400 with 3:73 posi rear end and W-O-W :yell: :yell: :yell: ..... it was G-FORCE TIME BABY :yell: :yell: :yell: ..... Holy - Moley Guacamole , I had to hold and keep my head tilted forward to keep it from falling back into the back seat .... I got pictures but don't know how to down load this stuff from my phone camera .... The ONLY THINGS IT NEEDS , It ain't got no gas gauge , no speedometer , lots of room in the engine bay , it will need air shocks for the rear end because of the 60 series BIG WIDE ASS tires , they would rub just a little when driving over some dippsy - doodle roads , nice silver paint job , clean Ox Blood color bench seat and interior AND VERY LOUD when you get on it .... Sooo now I'm waiting on the folks who looked at my Green Machine on Friday nite to call and come over .... Hey Centex 396 ( Big Steve ) now I know what meant " WHEN YOU GO RAT , YOU DON'T GO BACK " here Kitty - Kitty :smileyb: :smileyb: :smileyb: .... The Geezer is breathing in his Brown Bag now :nanawrench: :beer: :nanawrench:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
hey geezer you may want to edit your post,, those 3 and 4 letter words dont fly to good around here you should know better.... im just saying this is a family forum remember...:beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Well Boys & Girls , I went to take a look see and test drive that 81 Camino Saturday , it has a re-built 454 and re-built Turbo 400 with 3:73 posi rear end and W-O-W :yell: :yell: :yell: ..... it was G-FORCE TIME BABY :yell: :yell: :yell: ..... Holy - Moley Guacamole , I had to hold and keep my head tilted forward to keep it from falling back into the back seat .... I got pictures but don't know how to down load this stuff from my phone camera .... The ONLY THINGS IT NEEDS , It ain't got no gas gauge , no speedometer , lots of room in the engine bay , it will need air shocks for the rear end because of the 60 series BIG WIDE ASS tires , they would rub just a little when driving over some dippsy - doodle roads , nice silver paint job , clean Ox Blood color bench seat and interior AND VERY LOUD when you get on it .... Sooo now I'm waiting on the folks who looked at my Green Machine on Friday nite to call and come over .... Hey Centex 396 ( Big Steve ) now I know what meant " WHEN YOU GO RAT , YOU DON'T GO BACK " here Kitty - Kitty :smileyb: :smileyb: :smileyb: .... The Geezer is breathing in his Brown Bag now :nanawrench: :beer: :nanawrench:
Now you see/feel how I did after I got to drive DDD's Yellow Rose! Love that POWER! Good luck selling your Green Machine!
:beer:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Hubba - Hubba Terry , I just got a fellow call me and offer me $5500 for my Green Machine just 30 minutes ago .... He said he has been driving by my house and looking at my Camino for sometime on his way to work at the Elem. down the street ... going to meet up with him at his house and take him for a ride ... he said that he wants to give it to his son gets out of the military and home from over seas ... I'm gonna call some friends to see if their truck can pull a car trailer .. I want to trailer the car to San Antonio and so I can save on ALOT OF GAS .... I gotta ask some questions about the way this car is set up with a high stall converter that I think I will need to switch out ..... Soooo we'll see if the deal goes thru Terry :dontknow: ..... Thanks Mr. Old Fart Old Geezer ( suffering from Rat Bite Fever )

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Woody , got a question for you Mr. Mechanic .... this car has a 3000 stall converter it will NOT move in 3rd gear at all the engine just rev's up , SO I have to take off in 1st gear , then 2nd gear and finally 3rd gear .... I can see that it will NOT BE CHEAP ON GAS if I leave it like it is .... Soooo , Mr. Woody can I switch out this converter to something like a 2300 or 2500 stall converter for the street to be able to take off in Drive instead of 1st gear all the time ???? share some wisdom with me Mr. Woody .... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Well geezer since im in a good mood ill set you straight.
the trans has been modified with what sounds like a full manual
valve body. Meaning you shift it all the time manually every stoplight u have to pull it in low to take off a real pain in the rear.
as for the stall it depends on what gears are in it. It all has to match
ask me how i know..... that will be fifty bucks cash thanks ....:beer:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
it must be sumthin in the water down there in texas

:dontknow: :texas:

·
0 Posts
Now I'm waiting on Donny to finish his BBC 5th gen to see if catch the rat fever. If so,I know where a 496 is....:secret:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Now I'm waiting on Donny to finish his BBC 5th gen to see if catch the rat fever. If so,I know where a 496 is....:secret:
Sorry to admit this Brandon, BUT I'm afraid it's going to get all of us mice eventually! Just go ahead and get the 496 now and get it over with! :poke:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks Ms. Terry , for posting the pictures :poke: of my potential " Rat To Be " , the Old Boy that saw my car today told me that he's got the $5000 in Da bank and will see if he can borrow the $500 to buy my car , he said he would get back with me around Tues. so all I can do is WAIT & SEE and save up my Cheese :inlove: ... I have a friend I spoke with today he has a Dodge Ram Diesel Truck who will help me tow the Big Rat home for me , just pay for the diesel fuel .... SOOOOO maybe by next Saturday maybe , I could very well have my very own PET RAT backed into my carport :inlove: by next weekend MAYBE .... Hey Centex 396 ( Big Steve ) it might be time for us to plan a " RAT ATTACK " and go back to Biff Buzby's " with me sitting next to the " Primer Donna " & Hot Rod Elco ( Ralph ) that would make us the " RAT PACK " sitting back having some Brewski's and talking Big :beer: .... Thanks El Fartisimo aka the Geezer :nanawrench: :beer: :nanawrench:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I can see the headlines now.....

Large Rodents Infest Local Restaurant!

:nanawrench:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If I carry my rat all the way to Biff's, I'm going to the track!:beer::texas:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
If I carry my rat all the way to Biff's, I'm going to the track!:beer::texas:
Heck I'm game and I gots a trailer.
This has the potential for some fun amongst the Texas RAT'S
A little "test & tune" is always fun.
Hey Richard think about it...it's the best way to dial-in your new RAT.
Make some passes to get use to the POWER OF THE RAT.:twisted:

WELCOME TO THE LIGHT.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Yea, we've done a couple of shows, lets go Race'n :texas: Need to put in the **** tune for the Grudge Race:nanawrench::beer:
ZZ TOP for those that didn't know.:beer:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts