El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running 215/70/15 and would like to go bigger.
Thanks.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Tire size

Howdy, you should be able to run 235/60/15 all around on a 15/7 rim with 4.75 inches of back spacing. Hope thos helps cheers....cheers woody out :beer:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a pic of the wheels.
See how it looks like there should be washers with lugs?
Missing a lug in the rear,just wondering if I should invest in some.
Do you guys like these wheels?

I also have a set of these...I just worry about having the center caps stolen.
Any way to secure them?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have Sonoma JQ-8 rims, 7 inch on front and 8 inch on rear, Kumho P2325R55/16 tires

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I bought some knock-off plastic centers for my rallys.They look good for what they are. When I'm going to go to a cruise or show, I pop on the O/E ones...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a stock set wit the rings n center caps. They look really good on the elky.:beer:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run snow tires.:secret:
They only come in certain sizes,but they grip the road like you wouldn't believe,last a long time,and are awesome in the rain.
I don't like to get slowed in poor weather...which happens 9 months out of the year here in Ohio.
I also love Rain X...I love to smoke past slow jerks in a downpour at 90 MPH while they are doing 40 and can't see.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
281 Posts
there is a way to secure those caps, I just saw them, but not sure where....opgi or maybe npd catalog. try google too, there is some sort of lock device you can put through the back, check it out.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The plastic copies look pretty good for $60.
I really need a tire machine.
I have 4 snow flakes for my trans am,which is now wearing the Chevy sport rims,which need to go on the elky.
The elky wheels need to go on the Le mans.
None of the wheels currently has rubber newer than 10 years old...safety hazard.
How much you guys thinking to mount and balance 16 tires?:asthanos:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Sinister
You're asking about a '74, a 4th gen? All the answers have been from guys with 5th gens. I would think a 4th gen could go bigger?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got 275/60/15's on a 8" wheel on back n 245/60/15's on a 7" wheel on front of my 77. nothing rubs n my suspension is pretty worn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
oh... u can also get cable that bolt to the back of ur caps n behind a lug nut...they could still be stolen but it would take some time n work...most wouldn't bother

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have 255/60/15 on the back of my 82, and it clears with no problem. I'm thinking about going bigger!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Here is a pic of the wheels.
See how it looks like there should be washers with lugs?
Missing a lug in the rear,just wondering if I should invest in some.
Do you guys like these wheels?

http://i45.tinypic.com/34q6880.jpg

I also have a set of these...I just worry about having the center caps stolen.
Any way to secure them?

http://i45.tinypic.com/1erofb.jpg

They have the first picture rims up to 17 inch at Pep Boys for $69.00 ea. there proline but when you go on their web sight the center cap say's American racing. I think there relabeled for pep boys. this picture is from pep boys. I was going to get the 15x8 total with tax here for a set of four was $300.09 no frt. for store p/u even if they ship them in to your location. I didn't ask if they came with center caps. Just if anyone want's to know and they display a alot more rims at the same price chrome,brushed,painted wheels.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks,that's a pretty good price.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Thanks,that's a pretty good price.
If there American racing retagged that's more than 1/2 off. :dontknow: Looks like it to me why would pep boys take a picture with that hub except they forgot to change it. They don't say like A/R

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone running 225/70/15?
I ordered 215/60/15 and they still look slightly small for the wheel opening.
I might swap them to my Le Mans.
Pics appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
245/60's up front 295/50's in the back. Good amount of clearance all the way around. All mounted on 8x15 centerlines with a 4" backspace.

Had 225/70's before but they were too skinny for me.

I made a thread on this last year when I bought mine.
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=42353

Not sure about you way down there in Ohio but I would only need snow tires for Nov-Mar if mine was a winter car. Do you have any pictures of your el camino?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts