El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has had this idea, but I really hate the way the gas door is designed on the 5th Gen El Caminos. It's just kinda lame. What I would really like to do it shave the gas door and put in a billet gas door like on the Audi TT. Does anyone know or think this would work? I'm planning on getting my car painted around mid-December and wanted to consider any custom body work beforehand. I also have a roll pan with cutouts for the original taillights, does anyone think that Toyota Supra taillights would look good in it? They're slightly larger than standard Camino lights, but have the same general shape. Just want everyone's thoughts on it! Thanks!
Kris Horton
www.carsbykris.com

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
[quote='84ElCaminoSS]I also have a roll pan with cutouts for the original taillights, does anyone think that Toyota Supra taillights would look good in it? [/quote] Not! If you don't like the stock lense style, how about the ZR-1 style

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Custom_79

Here's a '79 from the St. Louis meet. It's been updated and customized. It sports a billet gas door and ZR-1 style taillights. It also has late model flush door handles.

Sorry for the picture quality. I believe my buddy took a better pic of this Elky.

BTW, I'm also customizing my taillights at this time. It's something trick, off the 64-66 Corvette StingRays.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think it would be kinda' cool to have late model camaro tail lights in a roll pan in an Elky. :-D

Maybe? If you could get them to look clean...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes Maybe it would look nice :)
I've been thinking of someway to install Vertical T.lights just on each side of the Tail Gate. You know. On the Elky's where the 1/4 panel wraps around and meet the Tailgate. Nice looking Vertical ones. 2 slender ones on each side. Any ideas??? Leeme know.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Don't have a pic of slender custom t/ls, (like 90s Cadillac), but I have this 90s GM pickup t/l in a 5th gen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts